GameBoy Suggestions?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Rev1

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby Rev1 » June 2nd, 2013, 12:34 pm

have you tried cleaning the carts? I have done that with all my gb cartridges and they work flawlessly... They tend to get pretty dirty from years of being carried around in traveling cases.

FinalLapTwinkie1

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby FinalLapTwinkie1 » June 2nd, 2013, 1:33 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. 

I bought the screw bit to open cases up and tried to clean them. Still failed. The other titles that would not play were Dexter's Laboratory, Toy Story and sometimes Monsters Inc. To quote a - "kids might toss them loose into backpacks", they are all kid friendly titles. Batman Forever plays, just not very good. That might be the game programming.

I've never had any problem with Nintendo carts for the NES, SNES or N64. Maybe the electronic boards were allowed to get damp and caused problems.

At least, I now understand to avoid certain games unless the price is cheap.

FieryReign1

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby FieryReign1 » June 10th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Nobody wants to read reviews of games that have been reviewed to death a million times over. Try obscure gems like Avenging Spirit. And Robocop was pretty good.

No Pokemon please, there are enough fanboy sites and the like out there. Never understood the popularity of that garbage. I guess you have to be a tween to appreciate them.

a1

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby a1 » June 10th, 2013, 6:03 pm

[QUOTE=FieryReign]Nobody wants to read reviews of games that have been reviewed to death a million times over. Try obscure gems like Avenging Spirit. And Robocop was pretty good. No Pokemon please, there are enough fanboy sites and the like out there. Never understood the popularity of that garbage. I guess you have to be a tween to appreciate them.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure plenty of people want to see his opinions of popular games. Many of the titles suggested were the most popular games for the Game Boy. Sure, obscure reviews are a lot of fun, but it's good to have a basis to compare them against. Since scores are relative based on the system it's nice to see how an obscure game compares to a popular one. One of the main things that makes me go out and get a game the critic reviews is if it gets as good a score or better than as a game I'm familiar with. Being able to say, "wow, he thought that game is as good as Super Mario!", is pretty nice.

As for Pokemon, I don't think it's a "tween" thing (I hate that word by the way and I want it to stop). I've grown out of it but not in the sense that I became older. I played almost 200 hours of Pokemon Pearl when I was 18, but I picked up Pokemon Black recently and I just don't find it as addictive as I used to. Regardless, they are well-made games and I don't think it's fair to dismiss them as garbage. If you don't like them, fine, but they obviously appeal to many people over the age of 18. This is a moot point though because they're RPGs and there's little chance the critic will review them anyway.

darkrage61

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby darkrage61 » June 10th, 2013, 11:40 pm

I'm not a "tween" and I love Pokemon, though I can see why some wouldn't like it.

darkrage61

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby darkrage61 » June 11th, 2013, 12:48 am

They're not aimed at "tweens", that kind of narrow-minded statement sounds really immature

Rev1

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby Rev1 » June 11th, 2013, 7:39 am

Yea... Pokemon fans are pretty hardcore and there are fanboys for pretty much every age ground. It should say "fun for ages 5-40".

Segatarious1

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby Segatarious1 » July 1st, 2013, 3:34 pm

VGC - do you have a Club Nintendo Account? club.nintendo.com

Cause DK '94 got put up as a reward this month - could put it on your 3DS (or DSi, etc). Since you (seem to) buy your games new and keep them, I bet you have a crap ton of redeemable Nintendo points sitting there in your boxes.. Sure, you have to fill out a few surveys, but it dont take to much time and you can save your profile. To me, its worth it.

Plus Nitnendo also puts up eshop games in addition to VC games, so you may finally download a few? Its usually 4 games for a month, then 4 new games....

Also, if you have the codes and no interest in them, could you send them to me via messaging? Thanks.

Leo1

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby Leo1 » July 1st, 2013, 4:05 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Cause DK '94 got put up as a reward this month - could put it on your 3DS (or DSi, etc).[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Virtual Console is a 3DS only feature. I don't believe I've ever seen it available on my DSiXL. 

Rev1

GameBoy Suggestions?

Postby Rev1 » July 1st, 2013, 5:24 pm

yeah it's only for Wii, Wii U, and 3DS at this time.

Return to “Classic Gaming”