Phantasy Star Order?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Atariboy

Re: Phantasy Star Order?

Postby Atariboy » April 10th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Oltobaz1 wrote:I think the Sonic Ultimate Collection is
as good as it gets as far as emulation quality. There might be issues I'm not aware of with Phantasy Star
specifically????

Golden Axe Warrior was fine when I played that one to completion (The other Master System title here), so I suspect that it runs Phantasy Star well enough for most.

There are very minor audio issues with the Genesis emulation here, but it's overall very good. About the only real miss I found here was with arcade Space Harrier, one of the other extras. It's very noticeably different sounding compared to something like the Saturn version or MAME.

You can especially notice it with the voice work when it says something like "Welcome to the Fantasy Zone, Get Ready!". Doesn't sound anywhere even remotely close to correct on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

nesfan

Postby nesfan » April 11th, 2015, 1:29 pm

I went ahead and ordered Phantasy Star II on Amazon. One major deciding factor was the price. The only other listing that had it with the box and manual was more than twice the price of the one I paid for. I couldn't just let that go. So I'll be starting with PSII.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » August 30th, 2015, 11:16 am

Congratulations on your purchase, NES. Not sure if you've started playing this game yet, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that quite a few levels involve falling through pits to get where you want/need to go. I know you plan on graphing out the dungeons, so I'm not sure of the best way to graph that sort of thing. Graphing might be a good way to give you something to do while you're grinding though.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » August 30th, 2015, 1:46 pm

I used to have a guide booklet with all the dungeon layouts. I think it came packaged with the original game. Anyway, it makes it a lot easier to find your way around. Did the listing include this booklet, nesfan?

nesfan

Postby nesfan » August 30th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Luigi & Peach wrote:Congratulations on your purchase, NES. Not sure if you've started playing this game yet, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that quite a few levels involve falling through pits to get where you want/need to go. I know you plan on graphing out the dungeons, so I'm not sure of the best way to graph that sort of thing. Graphing might be a good way to give you something to do while you're grinding though.
I beat it about a month or two ago. I had seen gameplay of the first game with the 3D dungeons and was expecting PSII to play similarly. But once I saw how huge and sprawling the dungeons were with multiple floors, separated by elevators that weren't totally clear which direction they were sending you... Yeah, I kinda gave up on the whole mapping my own way through the game idea. I still plan to do that when I play the original but for PSII, I wouldn't even know where to start. I just founds dungeon maps online.
ptdebate wrote:I used to have a guide booklet with all the dungeon layouts. I think it came packaged with the original game. Anyway, it makes it a lot easier to find your way around. Did the listing include this booklet, nesfan?
It was packaged with the original game but I couldn't get my hands on one. When the guidebook was included, it significantly drove up the price. In some instances, the guide was sold by itself for about how much I bought the game for. No thanks. For that price, the case and manual are good enough for me.

Return to “Classic Gaming”