Ebay question over Panzer Dragoon Saga

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 17th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Hey,

I have owned a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for nearly a year and recently became interested in owning a complete copy (originally only had the discs) so I did some searching on Ebay and sold my old copy for about what I originally paid for it and then spent the difference on a more "complete" copy of the game. I just received the copy and the SOB failed to mention anywhere that there was no back or side insert with the case. He only mentioned the case on his auction and his pictures were ambiguous over whether the game came with a back insert or not. He probably just removed the back insert from another one of his Saturn games so that way he could receive a higher price on his auction... If this was any other game it wouldn't be too impossible of a task to try and find something like this, but this is of course Panzer Dragoon Saga, which is rare enough as it is, so of course the chance of me finding someone just selling the back insert or the complete back half of a case is pretty much impossible.

Anyway, my question is whether I should just return the item to the seller and try and find another copy or should I hold onto my incomplete copy and hope to find some auction with the parts I need. Any feedback would be appreciated...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 17th, 2012, 5:17 pm

I would request a full refund!  If you are not satisfied, you should not be stuck with this item.

Cory1

Postby Cory1 » April 17th, 2012, 5:57 pm

I'd return it. That game costs an outrageous amount already, you better get what you pay for.

Burk1

Postby Burk1 » April 17th, 2012, 9:52 pm

I would be very interested to see the listing if I could, I deal with these type of issues all the time. I am a seller and a buyer.As a seller, I am all to aware of people not reading the description very good,or not at all. Or some complain about an imperfection that was in a very close and clear photo,and it is their  responsibility to look for.On the other hand, I have had many sellers try to do just what you said. They intentionally take photos that do not show missing or damaged parts.No mention that the instructions are missing etc..
 I would look at the item description. It will be either Like New,Very Good,Good ,or Acceptable. If it is Like new or very good, than by ebays own guidlines, it should be complete.(double check that,but I believe I am right)Even if listed as good,it should be stated if missing items. Don't worry, if they won't refund it, ebay almost always sides with the buyer in a claim dispute.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 18th, 2012, 10:30 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320884517069?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

yeah, I double checked and saw that the item was listed as good. Which honestly I figured the reason it was listed that way was because of missing black cd cases that came with the original disk.

I am not trying to be a shady buyer or what not so if someone feels that the seller was in the right I'd probably step down from my argument. I honestly feel jipped on the stupid thing, especially since I forked out a bunch of cash for an incomplete copy of the game. The buyer is refusing to work with me and is saying that I am having buyer's regret for the auction. I opened a case on ebay and am trying to force the guy to take back the game. I even offered to pay for my own shipping back and try and work with ebay to get his seller fee's reimbursed. Other then if he already spent the money I can think of no reason why he's being so stubborn (or he knows he probably won't find a sucker again for a good long while). Thankfully the idiot already left positive feedback so I don't have to worry about him ruining my feedback ranking.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear what anyone has to say... If I am wrong I would appreciate some other viewpoints into the matter. If you look at the pictures they are pretty ambiguous (in my opinion).

Burk1

Postby Burk1 » April 18th, 2012, 4:06 pm

After seeing the listing,I must say thats a tough call. I personally think he was trying to be a little shady by saying "with case".Any Saturn case can be interchanged,so why mention it as some big deal? I think that implies original case and artwork, but technically he did not say that. I noticed that he tried selling it a week earlier,and recieved no bids starting at $235.After looking at the last months of sales for this game, it seems that even complete copies were going for 40-60$ less. This would explain his reluctance to accept a return.
 I think it is fair for you to ask for a return based on the vague description,and even more so because your willing to pay return shipping,and cover his fees. He is being difficult because it is unlikely he can get that much ever again for an incomplete copy,which also may explain the reason he doesn't mention there is no bak art.Like I said,you will probably win the dispute because ebay always sides with the buyer,almost to a fault.

Edward1

Postby Edward1 » April 18th, 2012, 4:25 pm

According to the definition of listing an item as good, it states

"Good: An item in used but good condition. May have minor damage to jewel case including scuffs or cracks, or to the item cover including scuffs, scratches, or cracks. The cover art and liner notes are included for a CD. VHS or DVD box is included. Video game instructions are included. No skipping on CD/DVD. No fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

He listed it as good, so it probably should include all of that.   If he is refusing to work with you, file a grievance with eBay.   You should win.   $260 is too much to spend to get cheated.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 18th, 2012, 4:48 pm

I think this was a deceptive auction.  He made his pictures extra tight to conceal the fact that something was missing.  I would file a grievance with Ebay.  If you paid with a credit card (via Paypal) you have a layer of protection there too.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 18th, 2012, 6:17 pm

cool thanks for the feedback, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who feels that way... The guy is trying to make it seem like it is all my fault and I have opened a case with ebay to see if I can force him to do the return (or whatever they do in this situation). I know I sometimes overreact to things and so getting another viewpoint is appreciated.

a1

Postby a1 » April 18th, 2012, 8:54 pm

You should always win if he listed the item in a condition that it is not in. Good condition means the inserts are intact. I had the same issue with someone who listed a copy of Smash Brawl as very good and it didn't include the manual.

Also, you don't have to worry about sellers giving you negative feedback. Only buyers can give negative feedback; eBay changed the policy to prevent feedback retaliation (it used to be that you could never leave negative feedback on a buyer because he would leave you negative feedback).

Return to “Classic Gaming”