Colecovision Flashback thoughts and Dollar General Stores Clearance

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
matmico1

Postby matmico1 » December 23rd, 2014, 7:18 pm

I am 45 years old and have a Genesis, PS2 and a 360. I saw the review for the Colecovision Flashback and was very interested. It retailed online for $40. I live in metro Atlanta, and a small store that is very prominent in this area is Dollar General. A few nights ago I saw online that the store dropped the price to $20. They had a few left and I got one. Man does this remind me of Christmas Morning via 1982. Check your local Dollar General to see if they have any left for $20! What a steal! They also had Intellivision Flashbacks for 20 bucks as well. I haven't had so much fun in gaming in a year! Venture was the main game I wanted as I luved it as a kid. Frenzy is the sequel to Berzerk that I didn't even know existed. Extremely fun but seriously hard. But I luve the challenge. Zaxxon, Bump 'N Jump, Jungle Hunt, Omega Race (which kind of sucks now), and Pepper II are the titles that are included. Plus some of the other games are pretty good as well. For a good price you just can't beat this one if you have fond memories of getting that Colecovision on Christmas morning. There is no Donkey Kong (the original Pack in game). The ONLY complaint I have about this is there is no cartridge slot. A major dealer of only classic games moved in about 4 miles from my house and I had dreams of building a Colecovision library of cartridges. No such luck. But if you grew up playing this, it is a must have!

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » December 24th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Thanx for the heads-up! I picked up both (CV and Intv) for what I thought I'd have to spend on one alone.

Two new consoles (sort of) for Christmas!

matmico1

Postby matmico1 » December 24th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Happy to have let you know friend! We both got steals. Merry Christmas!

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » December 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm

I stopped at Dollar General tonight and they still had the flash backs colecovision and intellivision for $20 each. I picked one of each up big thanks!

matmico1

Postby matmico1 » December 30th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Glad you did! Happy to help a fellow gamer. Happy New Year!

Return to “Classic Gaming”