Anyone played "Kings Bounty" on Genesis?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Breaker

Anyone played "Kings Bounty" on Genesis?

Postby Breaker » July 28th, 2015, 11:28 pm

I saw this title at a game store today and was tempted. I quickly looked, and was disappointed to see it had not been officially reviewed on the site. Sega 16 has a rather ostentatious review, but it gives the game 10 out of 10. Anyone here played it, and willing to give me a quick review?

Rev

Re: Anyone played "Kings Bounty" on Genesis?

Postby Rev » July 29th, 2015, 1:12 am

I've never played it (or heard of it) but when in doubt, and no other review site has it, I tend to check gamefaqs.

Sure enough I found about 5 reviews from gamers here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/586276- ... st/reviews

Breaker

Postby Breaker » July 29th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Thanks, Rev. Looks like those reviews are all pretty strong as well. Perhaps I'll have to venture back and see if that copy is still in stock.

Wallyworld

Postby Wallyworld » August 2nd, 2015, 6:08 pm

Thanks Breaker!

I never heard of this one and I love collecting unique Genesis games. I watched a review on Youtube and it indeed looks very interesting. I went ahead and ordered a copy off eBay. This will make a nice addition to my Genesis library.

Genesis Does!

goldenband

Postby goldenband » August 4th, 2015, 9:17 pm

I played through this one a year or two ago, and enjoyed it. I think it's well worth picking up.

Don't expect a conventional RPG or SRPG experience -- it's definitely got a flavor all its own, but if you can tune into its wavelength it offers a good time. I wish the passwords recorded more than they do (they don't record the status of garrisoned castles IIRC), but they're long enough as it is. Sega-16's 10/10 review is generous, but I could justify 8/10 for sure.

Oh, and the music (which is OK, not great) reminds my wife of those Zuiikin Girls language lesson videos. (You'll know what I mean when you hear it.)

Return to “Classic Gaming”