How do cartridges get so nasty?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
matmico399

Re: How do cartridges get so nasty?

Postby matmico399 » March 3rd, 2016, 3:22 pm

I haven't really had any problems with mine not working. But good gracious the stuff I have ordered off EBay lately, a lot of it fine but a fair amount of stuff I get I don't even like to handle without rubber gloves. Greasy, smudged and writing all over them with a sharpie, yuck! Luckily Daves cleaning guide has been pretty helpful. But I'm constantly amazed how trashy some peeps can be with their property. It's kind of sad actually. That wasn't the way I was raised.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » March 3rd, 2016, 6:09 pm

You'd be amazed. I was a total pig when I was younger. I'd leave games out of their cases under the bed, cartridges left all over the place, games covered in crumbs and soda. Now I'm older, I have bills to pay, and I don't have money to keep on buying games over and over again because I ruined them. These days I keep everything on the shelf in a case.

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » March 3rd, 2016, 9:20 pm

Just keep all your cartridges in a container, think plastic with locking lids and an air seal. Just don't keep your games and other media around dirt, dust, or food particles. Try not to spray cleaner near or on them, as it can cause electrical complications.

Return to “Classic Gaming”