D (Sega Saturn)

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Rev

D (Sega Saturn)

Postby Rev » November 22nd, 2015, 9:02 pm

I had two free hours and was looking for something different to play today. Since I haven't touched my Saturn in a while I decided to play D. I knew the game play would be archaic and it didn't let me down. You play Laura, a girl with no personality who has the magical ability to walk in predefined invisible grids to try and uncover what happened to her father. Despite being a horror title, it is more like a mix of point and click adventure and a puzzle game. You need to find out what happened to your father within the 2 hour time limit otherwise it is game over. It is really hard to tell what is what in this game and trying to figure out what spot you have to be in to be able to interact with certain parts of the environment is tricky. Still, I knew all of this coming into the game. I had heard good things about the story and that severally disappointed as well. The game uses flashbacks to try and tell the story, as well as bad voice acting, but I never seemed to find the game particularly frightening or intense. Honestly, I was bored throughout most of the game I just wanted to see the ending, hoping that might spice things up a bit... Alas, it did not. I guess if you're not used to horror films this game might feel somewhat tense but nothing here was particularly frightening. When they mentioned what D stood for I couldn't help but roll my eyes... I'd give the game a D to match the title...

Wallyworld

Re: D (Sega Saturn)

Postby Wallyworld » November 23rd, 2015, 12:51 pm

I had this game in the early day's of PS1. This game is not for everybody as I was bored to tears. However one of my buddies at the time absolutely loved it. He was a big fan of the Myst series and this reminded him of it. I think people that enjoy Myst will like this but anyone else would have a hard time enjoying this. I don't have patience for this type of game and it's probably my least favorite genre.

Rookie1

Re: D (Sega Saturn)

Postby Rookie1 » November 24th, 2015, 6:31 am

I have this game for the 3DO, but havent touched it yet because you have to play it straight through. I will have to check it out sometime soon

Return to “Classic Gaming”