which version of chrono trigger should i get ?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
imderfnz

which version of chrono trigger should i get ?

Postby imderfnz » April 8th, 2016, 10:57 am

i can't afford to buy the snes version so which one should i buy the ps1 or nintendo ds ?

ActRaiser

Re: which version of chrono trigger should i get ?

Postby ActRaiser » April 8th, 2016, 12:56 pm

imderfnz wrote:i can't afford to buy the snes version so which one should i buy the ps1 or nintendo ds ?

If you have a PS3 or Vita you can get the download version of the PS1 game for cheap. That would also avoid the load times on the PS1 copy.

Rev

Postby Rev » April 8th, 2016, 6:15 pm

The NDS is supposed to be the best version (and it's probably also cheaper than the SNES version). It includes an extra dungeon or two, more endings, and most of the benefits of the PS1 version.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » April 9th, 2016, 6:05 pm

If you have an iPhone and want to play Chrono Trigger on the go, I highly suggest the iOS version. The controls are astonishingly good, and the game uses the DS version's dialogue (which I consider far superior to the SNES version's dialogue). Only complaint is that the characters on the overworld look pixelated in comparison to other versions, but otherwise it puts the iPhone controls to great use!

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » April 13th, 2016, 11:39 am

I'd say grab the DS version of the game. It has all the extra added content of the PS1 release and it plays perfectly. It's like $20 new on amazon. That's a terrific price for one of the greatest games ever made.

nesfan

Postby nesfan » April 21st, 2016, 7:02 am

It depends on what's important to you. The DS version has some extra content that isn't in the other two versions. The Playstation version has some cut-scenes added in that were animated by Akira Toriyama. I don't know how much of a selling point that is for most people here. But the Playstation version was released as Final Fantasy Chronicles and it came packaged together with Final Fantasy IV. So you're choices are nifty bonus content or anime cut-scenes with two incredible RPGs bundled together.

Return to “Classic Gaming”