Intellivision LTO Flash

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Intellivision LTO Flash

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 13th, 2016, 8:50 pm

I ordered this special cart called LTO Flash which lets you play ROMs on your Intellivision console. This will allow me to review some of the more rare, price-prohibitive games.

The two I originally had in mind are Tutankham and Congo Bongo, but I'd like to hear your suggestions!

scotland

Re: Intellivision LTO Flash

Postby scotland » October 14th, 2016, 7:23 am

Congratulations on your purchase.

A book mentioned Intellivision 3rd party games of Custer's Revenge and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which I did not know even existed for the Intellivision, only the Atari 2600. Looking online, I cannot find anything saying these are Intellivision games. If there were prototypes or unreleased or Europe only releases, maybe you can find the ROMS.

Teddybear

Re: Intellivision LTO Flash

Postby Teddybear » October 14th, 2016, 9:18 am

For original releases, you still have several unreviewed INTV Corporation games: Pole Position, Commando, Super Pro Skiing, Stadium Mud Buggies and of course the holy grail of Intellivision cartridge collecting, Spiker.

Spiker actually looks like it is a great game but you aren't going to touch it on Ebay unless you are willing to spend close to $1K. I'm an original hardware guy and still dream about finding the cart at some yard sale or flea market. Commando and Super Pro Skiing are quality titles worth checking out.

Also, I am a little surprised that you haven't reviewed Coleco's Lady Bug. It is an excellent port and I consider it the best offering from Coleco's lame translations for the Intellivision.

Return to “Classic Gaming”