Kingdom Hearts. What is it? PS2

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
matmico399

Kingdom Hearts. What is it? PS2

Postby matmico399 » October 25th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Over the years I have heard so much about Kingdom Hearts. I read the review but I still don't get exactly what it is. I know it's a combo RPG/action game. But what makes it so special that peeps just luv it? It seems like an odd combo of Disney characters and FF ones. Please give me your grade and why this game is so good. Also is the original or the sequel better? Thanks

Stalvern

Re: Kingdom Hearts. What is it? PS2

Postby Stalvern » October 26th, 2016, 2:32 pm

It's basically a ridiculous, melodramatic fanfiction that somehow exists as an actual game that doesn't suck. The people I knew who were into it when it was still "current" were teenage girls with accounts on DeviantArt and Fanfiction.net. Draw your own conclusions.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » October 26th, 2016, 3:17 pm

Oh...that certainly doesn't sound like me.

Marriott_Guy

Postby Marriott_Guy » October 26th, 2016, 4:44 pm

I have to respectfully disagree with Stalvern. If you like action RPG games, this is a must have. It combines excellent gameplay with light RPG elements supported by a storyline that is engrossing with beloved characters from everybody's youth. Definitely recommended if you are a fan of the genre. I give it a solid A-.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » October 28th, 2016, 9:13 am

Yeah I'm not really sure about what Stalvern is talking about. Kingdom Hearts is a solid action RPG which is incredibly charming due to the fact that all the levels are based in locations from Disney movies. It has great gameplay and I recommend it very highly.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 28th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Oh, I didn't mean to say anything against it as a game ("doesn't suck" was an unwarranted understatement), just to answer the OP's question, "But what makes it so special that peeps just luv it?" It's certainly a good game, but for the kind of devoted fans I thought the OP was asking about, it seems like the gameplay is secondary to the setting(s) and story as a source of appeal. Sorry for the miscommunication!

Return to “Classic Gaming”