Anyone have any of a Sega consoles made by AtGames??

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
rockofhysteria

Anyone have any of a Sega consoles made by AtGames??

Postby rockofhysteria » October 29th, 2016, 1:08 am

Just wondering if anyone had any of them I own both the regular console version and the Handheld version.

They are both pretty good pieces of hardware but I think the Handheld is slightly better.My main complaint with the console is the wireless controllers really suck they are too small and the infared signal blows.

The handheld in my opinion is far superior and it came with a cable to hook it up to my TV I also have a SD card in it so I was able to add 50 games so far to it.

scotland

Re: Anyone have any of a Sega consoles made by AtGames??

Postby scotland » October 29th, 2016, 6:39 am

If you look under 'articles', you will see The Critic has reviewed these. For instance http://videogamecritic.com/extras/reviews/genclassic2.htm
Is one review, and the links at the bottom take you to the others.

There is also a search function in the forum. If you see Quick Links, the three lines next to it is a drop down menu. You will see 'search' there. The topic has come up before, and will come up again when the new model is released by At Games.

I have both. They are what they are, but I admit to being a bit of a Genesis snob. I like my original hardware. Maybe its nostalgia, or the strange sounds my Sega CD makes, or how the 32x makes the whole thing more power hungry than a refrigerator, but I like original recipe Genesis / Megadrive and not the extra crispy emulation style.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » October 29th, 2016, 7:04 am

scotland wrote:If you look under 'articles', you will see The Critic has reviewed these. For instance http://videogamecritic.com/extras/reviews/genclassic2.htm
Is one review, and the links at the bottom take you to the others.

There is also a search function in the forum. If you see Quick Links, the three lines next to it is a drop down menu. You will see 'search' there. The topic has come up before, and will come up again when the new model is released by At Games.

I have both. They are what they are, but I admit to being a bit of a Genesis snob. I like my original hardware. Maybe its nostalgia, or the strange sounds my Sega CD makes, or how the 32x makes the whole thing more power hungry than a refrigerator, but I like original recipe Genesis / Megadrive and not the extra crispy emulation style.

I know about those reviews lol they are the reason I bought them in the first place :)

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » October 29th, 2016, 9:18 am

rockofhysteria wrote:
The handheld in my opinion is far superior and it came with a cable to hook it up to my TV I also have a SD card in it so I was able to add 50 games so far to it.

I have the handheld, and was able to add games to it as well. It didn't come with a cable though. It is a pretty nice handheld. I have heard about the consoles, and the build quality looks ok, but the controllers look like they would be a pain. Wireless does'sn't necessarily mean better, in my opinion.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » October 30th, 2016, 12:03 am

CharlieR wrote:
rockofhysteria wrote:

I have the handheld, and was able to add games to it as well. It didn't come with a cable though. It is a pretty nice handheld. I have heard about the consoles, and the build quality looks ok, but the controllers look like they would be a pain. Wireless does'sn't necessarily mean better, in my opinion.

weird that yous didn't come with the cable mine did but then again it might be where you got yours from I got mine from Sam's Club and not online.

As for the console the console itself is good and seems durable like like The Critic says the controllers are a bit of a pain because of the wireless tech in them you have to have them pointed at the console at all times or you lose the signal. It is in a 6 button config though. I just end up plugging in some original Genesis controllers in it instead much easier.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » October 30th, 2016, 5:16 pm

I purchased one. It sounds HORRENDOUS. The sound is so far stepped down it's insane. 2 full steps! It's inexcusable. Worst part? THEY COULD FIX IT. If you use windows, and have the realtek audio manager, crank the karaoke dial up to +4. The sound is amazingly accurate watching this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiBAL5rC_YQ

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » November 6th, 2016, 7:30 am

I thought about getting the handheld one a while back, but I just bought a PSP and modded it instead. Way better.

Return to “Classic Gaming”