A salute to R.O.B.

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
scotland

A salute to R.O.B.

Postby scotland » November 6th, 2016, 10:00 pm

A look back at R.O.B. your plastic pal

Wait...how'd that last one get in there...

tortimer

Re: A salute to R.O.B.

Postby tortimer » November 7th, 2016, 1:39 pm

If Nintendo made a miniature R.O.B. that sat on my desk and occasionally woke up to say hello or remind me to stretch and take an eye break, or flash notifications and alerts from my phone or react to the sounds of classic Nintendo games being played in the room... I would buy it.

Sut

Postby Sut » November 7th, 2016, 3:08 pm

I've never seen Sega Chan ! Off to Google !

scotland

Postby scotland » November 7th, 2016, 3:16 pm

tortimer wrote:If Nintendo made a miniature R.O.B. that sat on my desk and occasionally woke up to say hello or remind me to stretch and take an eye break, or flash notifications and alerts from my phone or react to the sounds of classic Nintendo games being played in the room... I would buy it.

Something like this robot phone caddy ? ....on second thought, definitely not like this

Voor

Postby Voor » November 7th, 2016, 8:17 pm

Angry video game nerd has a great ROB episode.

tortimer

Postby tortimer » November 8th, 2016, 6:13 pm

scotland wrote:Something like this robot phone caddy?

Oh dear. It's R.O.B.'s evil cousin from RoboCop.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » November 9th, 2016, 7:10 pm

I love R.O.B. Its such an iconic accessory. I have only used mine a hand full of times, and its a fun little gadget. Playing Gyromite with him is kind of interesting, I wish it was compatible with more games.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 9th, 2016, 8:47 pm

tortimer wrote:If Nintendo made a miniature R.O.B. that sat on my desk and occasionally woke up to say hello or remind me to stretch and take an eye break, or flash notifications and alerts from my phone or react to the sounds of classic Nintendo games being played in the room... I would buy it.

What a great idea. Can you imagine what they could do with today's technology? Heck, they could have ROB play NES games with a real controller!

I suspect the NES Classic is going to be a big hit, and hopefully lead to a flood of retro-style products. I've always thought Nintendo and Sega have been sitting on a gold mine, but thus far letting it go to waste.

tortimer

Postby tortimer » November 10th, 2016, 12:34 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I suspect the NES Classic is going to be a big hit, and hopefully lead to a flood of retro-style products.

With the success of Amiibo and release of NES Classic we can hope. I'm now picturing myself with an NES Classic hooked up to a Switch tablet (is that even possible?) while playing Balloon Fight against mini R.O.B.

scotland

Postby scotland » November 10th, 2016, 2:20 pm

There is a R.O.B. amiibo. Given the very tiny size of this NES Classic Mini coming out (which is still not out even for pre-order), they could have made the NES classic mini look like R.O.B, or come with a Mini R.O.B. It could look like Lego R.O.B.

Return to “Classic Gaming”