Happy 15th Anniversary Gamecube

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
jon

Re: Happy 15th Anniversary Gamecube

Postby jon » November 24th, 2016, 4:30 pm

I agree with opinions expressed earlier in this thread that it was the last real game system. It was real and pure and only played games. It had the killer launch title in Super Mario Sunshine. I'm of the opinion that SMS is a great game and I think it's legacy will grow as time goes by. At the end of the day it was a killer launch title like all the other Mario launch titles before it. There were a lot of great games like Eternal Darkness, F-Zero and a variety of others. And it wasn't a surprise when it's sports lineup sucked, lol. So, without extremely high expectations, it was a pleasant system to play.

twilighthotel

Postby twilighthotel » November 25th, 2016, 9:41 am

A good solid console that had a little bit of everything. Fighting games, RPG's, sports, racing, survival horror, stealth, multiplayer, action, adventure. Something for everyone.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » November 29th, 2016, 5:02 pm

I very much love the Gamecube and still have my original cube I bought in 2003 :) Great well built system with great games and solid fun. For me personally the mark of a good system is it has to have at least one good Wrestling game and the games for Gamecube were pretty good like WWF Wrestlemania 18 and WWE Wrestlemania 19 and of Course while they aren't on the level of the Smackdow vs Raw Games the WWE Day of Reckoning Games are still fun especially number 2 Also love Mario Tennis and Mario Soccer and of course Mario Kart Double Dash. And who can forget Super Smash Bros. Melee.

As for Mario Sunshine it was ok I guess not really my cup of tea I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion more. I also have Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and Deception for the system I have a few Madden Games as well and Home Run King which is a really really great Baseball Title for the system.

Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes is still a game I love to replay at least once or twice a year when I have home time. Same for Resident Evil 4.

Overall I think the Gamecube will go down as one of the most Underrated game systems ever

Return to “Classic Gaming”