Bitmap Books "Unofficial" NES/Famicom: A Visual Compendium

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
MoarRipter

Bitmap Books "Unofficial" NES/Famicom: A Visual Compendium

Postby MoarRipter » February 19th, 2017, 3:39 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... =user_menu

I've been following this since the KS ended last summer and it looks to be turning out fantastic! Backers were sent the PDF versions a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't help myself and read through the PDF instead of waiting for the actual book to arrive and it's really spectacular, a lot better than what I expected. The interviews with various figures from the likes of Rare, Konami, Capcom, Namco, etc was the most interesting part but the little tidbits about various games were fun to read too. The fan art too, the whole book just appears to have come together very nicely. Anyway, the books should be arriving in just a couple of weeks now based on the latest KS updates and I'm really looking forward to receiving mine. If you grew up with the NES you should buy this book once it goes for sale at retail, if you didn't happen to get in on the KS.

/end-plug 8-)

MoarRipter

Re: Bitmap Books "Unofficial" NES/Famicom: A Visual Compendium

Postby MoarRipter » March 1st, 2017, 2:37 am

The book arrived today and I am impressed, nice looking glossy pages, really cool lenticular box cover that I couldn't get a good picture of. This is one of the better Kickstarter campaigns I've backed. I'm looking forward to the SNES one coming next and really hoping he does one for the Genesis.
Attachments
IMG_2162.JPG
IMG_2162.JPG (170 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
IMG_2150.JPG
IMG_2150.JPG (164.73 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
IMG_2166.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG (168.55 KiB) Viewed 1011 times

Return to “Classic Gaming”