Digital Pictures Behind the Scenes Sega CD (1994)

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Roperious

Digital Pictures Behind the Scenes Sega CD (1994)

Postby Roperious » April 7th, 2017, 8:59 am

SegaCDUniverse just uploaded the following video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ida-EZV9OJY

I found this fascinating. It's amazing the work that went into creating the video footage for these early FMV games.

On another note, has anyone ever played Sewer Shark using the Sega CD's cd player? There is a hidden track where someone answers the phone at Digital Pictures- such a random easter egg!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Digital Pictures Behind the Scenes Sega CD (1994)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 8th, 2017, 9:43 am

I love this video! I watched the whole thing. It really made me want to revisit some of these Digital Pictures games, and maybe update the reviews.

One thing that struck me was how nice the people were who worked on these games, and how they had such high hopes it would make for fun games. As we all know now, these titles didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Being a software developer I was also interested in how much they concentrated on bug fixes at the end of the process. Back in the day these companies really did make an effort to put out a bug-free product. Today companies just push their games out the door and rely on patches to fix the bugs, which is a shame.

matmico399

Re: Digital Pictures Behind the Scenes Sega CD (1994)

Postby matmico399 » April 8th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Interesting. Most of what Digital Pictures made was crap. But I give them credit for putting a lot of effort into what they thought the future of gaming would be. I agree with the VGC that Night Trap is a classic. One that I really enjoy that he slapped a big F on though is Quarterback Attack. That is a lot of fun. Of course I am a football nut so that accounts for some of it. I would luv to see a re review of it.

Return to “Classic Gaming”