Trying to find the elusive, rare, 1.1 version of N64 No Mercy

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
MoarRipter

Trying to find the elusive, rare, 1.1 version of N64 No Mercy

Postby MoarRipter » May 12th, 2017, 2:59 pm

As I'm sure anybody who has played No Mercy on the N64 is aware, that game is notorious for a serious game-breaking bug that could wipe out all of your save data on the cartridge at any time. Pretty much all USA copies of No Mercy were affected by this bug, except for the 1.1 version which could only be obtained by mailing your copy of the cartridge into THQ, along with proof of purchase, and then they would send you the fixed version of the cartridge in a couple of months. This was of course back in the early 2000s when the game was still relatively new. Sadly THQ is no more.

http://micro-64.com/features/wwfnomercy.shtml

So this 1.1 version is apparently super rare and the only way to identify it is to look for the "-1" at the end of the NUS-NW4E-USA code on the cartridge label. I've been searching for this fixed cartridge for years with no luck. If anyone happens to come across this fixed version of the cartridge for sale on a website or eBay or just happens to have it and is willing to part with it please drop me a line because I'm interested.

In the meantime I'll keep scouring pictures of No Mercy cartridges on eBay, looking for that -1 in the product code on the label. I love this game, it's one of my favorite wrestling video games but the save data bug has literally provoked me to throw two different copies of this cartridge into the trash over the years in rage and frustration. I won't buy a third copy of this game cartridge unless it's the patched one. :)

Return to “Classic Gaming”