Best N64 Games that the VGC Hasn't Reviewed?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Retro STrife

Best N64 Games that the VGC Hasn't Reviewed?

Postby Retro STrife » June 5th, 2017, 10:32 pm

This topic was inspired by one thing and one thing alone... Pokemon Snap. Tonight I was scrolling through a list of "Top 20 N64 Games", and when I reached Pokemon Snap on the list, a question hit me..."how has the Critic not reviewed this game??" It seems right up his alley. And I'm not blinded by any obsessive fandom here--I'm not a crazed N64 fan (I was a PS1 kid) and I'm not an obsessed Pokemon dude (I've never played any of the main Pokemon games). But I'm always a fan of one-of-a-kind experiences out there in the gaming world, and Pokemon Snap delivers... nothing else like it. It's been a number of years since I've played it, but it was a lot of fun then and I think it's the type of game that would still hold up well today. Even if it only turns out to be a B or C range game, it's still unique enough that it's worth playing anyway. And it sells for under $10, so you can't go wrong. (And hey, think of all the page views, Critic...N64 and Pokemon are both hot right now, so the review is sure to get plenty of reads.)

Anyway.... where do fellow readers stand on Snap? Is it a good game and good for a review? And what's the best other N64 gems that haven't been reviewed yet?

Besides nagging the VGC with game recommendations, I also see this as a chance to learn about other great games and hidden gems for the N64 that might be worth trying, since usually I rely heavily on the VGC's review list for purchase decisions.

Robotrek

Re: Best N64 Games that the VGC Hasn't Reviewed?

Postby Robotrek » June 6th, 2017, 3:39 am

COME ON DAVE! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. GET BODY HARVEST. IT'S GOOD AND REASONABLY SHORT. REVIEW THE GAME AND COMPLETE MY LIFE.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » June 8th, 2017, 2:23 am

I second Pokemon Snap. Short, but really fun and simple. You don't even need to like Pokemon to enjoy it.

Someone from the RPG crew should review Paper Mario, as it is a glaring omission from the site.

Finally, Kirby 64 because of the power combo system being a lot of fun to test out. Good game.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » June 8th, 2017, 11:30 pm

Gauntlet Legends! Best version of the three home console ports.

I'm also fond of Tigger's Honey Hunt. I don't necessarily think it's among the "best" games, but it's very sweet-natured.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » June 9th, 2017, 8:23 am

Buck Bumble, Command & Conquer, and Fighting Force 64. If you play these, You will know why I think they can stand up to games like Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64. ;) ;) ;)

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » June 22nd, 2017, 6:28 pm

Anyone else remember Glover? That's one of my favorite games of all time! Let's hope he reviews it sometime soon!

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » June 22nd, 2017, 8:24 pm

Paper Mario and Mischief Makers, without a doubt.

fod

Postby fod » June 22nd, 2017, 9:57 pm

Jet Force Gemini
Space Station Silicon Valley
Turok 3
WCW/NWO World Tour/Revenge
WrestleMania 2000/WWF No Mercy

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » June 22nd, 2017, 11:27 pm

fod wrote:Jet Force Gemini
Space Station Silicon Valley
Turok 3
WCW/NWO World Tour/Revenge
WrestleMania 2000/WWF No Mercy

I highly doubt he will do the wrestling games he said himself he's not really a fan that's why I started reviewing them and putting them here on the board.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » June 23rd, 2017, 5:19 pm

fod wrote:Space Station Silicon Valley

Lots of good suggestions here but this one is the top. It's one of the top 10 N64 games and one of the most unique games I've ever played. I've played very few games that match its creativity in game design.

Return to “Classic Gaming”