SNES Classic Announced

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
GameOfThrones

Re: SNES Classic Announced

Postby GameOfThrones » October 5th, 2017, 7:46 am

I want one of these so much. I cannot get one and the profiteers are out charging double what the system is selling for.

Actually it is £150 and if I was going to spend that much on a console I would buy a ps4. Game a video game selling shop having it for £180. It is supposed to sell for £70.

I think I will have to get a raspberry PI and play these games on emulation.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 5th, 2017, 12:33 pm

The only game I'm not enjoying so far is Kirby's Dream Course. Maybe it was cooler back then when physics engines weren't as common, but I can't find the appeal of it in this day and age.

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » October 5th, 2017, 6:35 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:The only game I'm not enjoying so far is Kirby's Dream Course. Maybe it was cooler back then when physics engines weren't as common, but I can't find the appeal of it in this day and age.

It's definitely the weirdest inclusion on the system, but I think it's a clever Kirby-themed take on golf and is much more difficult and cerebral than Kirby games usually are. If you haven't tried choosing the "Demo Game" option on the title screen, which is actually a series of tutorials, I recommend you do so, because otherwise the abilities can be quite confusing.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » October 10th, 2017, 10:48 pm

Is there a Classic Controller to GameCube controller adapter out there? I'd like to be able to use controllers for my NES Classic, SNES Classic, and other accessories like my Wii Hori arcade stick with my Game Boy Player.
Last edited by Atariboy on January 23rd, 2018, 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

scotland

Postby scotland » October 11th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Supposedly, the SNES Classic has been hacked to allow the addition of more ROMs
.Well, that took 2 weeks.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/10/super-nes-classic-hacks-are-now-oh-so-easy-to-pull-off-you-can-even-add-features/

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » January 23rd, 2018, 1:21 am

Ralphnet, a reputable maker of controller converters, now offers a Classic Controller to GameCube adapter.

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/sn ... /index.php

Looks like a perfect match for a Game Boy Player fan that wants to use their NES and SNES Classic Controllers with their GBP. Also looks like a solid option for classic compilations on the GameCube, including an optional button mapping setting that's specifically setup for Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

Edit: Wrong link.

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/cl ... /index.php

Return to “Classic Gaming”