SNES Classic Announced

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Voor

Re: SNES Classic Announced

Postby Voor » July 22nd, 2017, 2:26 pm

My brother ordered one and told me about it, but I passed. Decided that I'd just be content to play these games as I feel like it via the virtual console.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » July 22nd, 2017, 8:16 pm

I was able to get a Wally World pre-order in.

MoarRipter

Postby MoarRipter » July 24th, 2017, 5:38 pm

Rumors are going around that Walmart is now cancelling those preorders, apparently Nintendo didn't give them permission to open preorders. :evil:

People have been blaming Walmart for this but I disagree, this is 100% on Nintendo for acting chronically allergic to American currency in any form.

How many times can a customer be slapped in the face by a company like Nintendo until that person finally gets fed up with their consumer-hostile business practices? It's like we the consumers are the battered spouse and Nintendo is the abusive spouse that treats us like dirt yet we continue to put up with it instead of leaving. That's maybe an extreme comparison but I bet there's more than a few of Nintendo's loyal fans that feel that way and for good reason.

scotland

Postby scotland » July 24th, 2017, 6:18 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Tinytendo-Raspberry-Model-Cooling/dp/B01MYFJUI4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500934618&sr=8-2&keywords=retropie+case

rpsnescase.JPG
rpsnescase.JPG (11.95 KiB) Viewed 2748 times

What you can order are NES and SNES raspberry pi cases. Just sayin'.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » July 25th, 2017, 11:23 am

MoarRipter wrote:Rumors are going around that Walmart is now cancelling those preorders, apparently Nintendo didn't give them permission to open preorders. :evil:

People have been blaming Walmart for this but I disagree, this is 100% on Nintendo for acting chronically allergic to American currency in any form.

How many times can a customer be slapped in the face by a company like Nintendo until that person finally gets fed up with their consumer-hostile business practices? It's like we the consumers are the battered spouse and Nintendo is the abusive spouse that treats us like dirt yet we continue to put up with it instead of leaving. That's maybe an extreme comparison but I bet there's more than a few of Nintendo's loyal fans that feel that way and for good reason.

Can I say I actually respect Nintendo for doing this? If Walmart agreed to not open preorders until a certain date, then Walmart shouldn't have opened preorders. Nintendo wants your money, but they don't want to tick off their other distributors.

The NES Mini was poorly handled; Nintendo should have made it clear it was a limited edition from the get go, but they aren't at fault here.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 25th, 2017, 11:57 am

Walmart wasn't the only one, Amazon did it too. At the exact same time. Makes me wonder if it can really be a coincidence if two of the major online retailers make the exact same mistake at the exact same time. Anyway, my preorder is still active and I hope it stays that way. I wouldn't count on myself getting this lucky twice :P

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » July 25th, 2017, 2:30 pm

Amazon hasn't taken preorders for this yet.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » July 26th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Wally just cancelled my pre-order.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » July 26th, 2017, 10:15 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Wally. Honestly, I think that Wal Mart should do their best to honor the preorders since it was their mistake.

Honestly, I wish that pre orders only existed for those who can't stand in line, per their schedule. Pre-ordering has done so much to encourage scalpers, and it sucks that so many people will end up paying the same price for a Classic as they would for a new Xbox! Nintendo could rectify this, and I'm surprised that they're willing to accept the bad press!

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » August 22nd, 2017, 1:42 am

Anyone else stay up late and get lucky tonight at Best Buy? Orders were open for about 20 minutes a few moments ago.

I imagine other retailers will be following suit before much longer. So keep your eyes open at other retailers like Wal-Mart and Amazon.

Return to “Classic Gaming”