Metroid Prime?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
GTS

Re: Metroid Prime?

Postby GTS » July 14th, 2017, 9:03 pm

ActRaiser wrote:If I recall correctly I loved Metroid Prime until the upteenth time I had to backtrack. At that point, I hit the wall...and say, "No thank you." I loved it until then and my God there was a lot of backtracking in that game.

Good luck!

Your point is valid. The series is build around going back and forth; even in the very first game. If you're like me and try to get 100%, you have to backtrack even more, searching for hidden energy tanks, etc. But I still enjoyed it, because the Prime world is an immersive place.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 15th, 2017, 4:15 pm

All right, I played through the opening spaceship level and the desert temple level and... how many crucifications can I look forward to if I say I'm not impressed? I've said before, story is a huge thing, but Metroid Prime has me has so little. You blow up a spaceship, and then run around on a planet. It feels like Legend of Zelda with the plot stripped away. The shooting is fun, yeah, but since you're shooting the same respawning enemies in the same rooms over and over again, even that got a little boring. I'll keep going for a while and hope it gets better later on, but as it stands now I don't know if I'll beat the first game, much less the whole trilogy.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » July 15th, 2017, 5:09 pm

I haven't played the Metroid games either. Which is supposed to be the great one, the SNES or GC version?

Voor

Postby Voor » July 15th, 2017, 11:09 pm

The SNES one is the best 2D one. The GC one is the best 3D one.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » July 16th, 2017, 1:22 am

DaHeckIzDat wrote:All right, I played through the opening spaceship level and the desert temple level and... how many crucifications can I look forward to if I say I'm not impressed? I've said before, story is a huge thing, but Metroid Prime has me has so little. You blow up a spaceship, and then run around on a planet. It feels like Legend of Zelda with the plot stripped away. The shooting is fun, yeah, but since you're shooting the same respawning enemies in the same rooms over and over again, even that got a little boring. I'll keep going for a while and hope it gets better later on, but as it stands now I don't know if I'll beat the first game, much less the whole trilogy.

There's definitely story; it's just told environmentally rather than spelled out in dialogue. Stick with it!

Return to “Classic Gaming”