North and South

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
matmico399

Re: North and South

Postby matmico399 » December 20th, 2017, 7:49 am

Yes Retro let me know what You think of the demo. it seems accurate to me but I was in my teens when playing it on my C64 so it’s been a long time. And my 360 remake does have a two player mode. They might have upgraded it since.

Retro STrife

Re: North and South

Postby Retro STrife » December 23rd, 2017, 8:08 pm

I downloaded the demo today and gave it a shot. Overall, I definitely prefer the original and think anyone new to the series should start there (again, I'd go with the NES version). The remake is nice for people who have nostalgia for the original, but otherwise I don't see it roping in any new fans. I liked some of the new touches (like the platforming levels being ditched), but the battles in the original are much more fun and challenging. In the new game, everyone moves too slowly, and the bullets move too slowly. That eliminates a lot of the challenge and allows you to beat the computer easily. I like that they retained a lot of the look and feel of the original, but it still doesn't feel the same. I'm glad I tried it though, and I'm happy to see that someone tried to do a remake all these years later.

Can you play against people online? And if so, is there still a decent amount of people playing it? That would be the only incentive for me to get the full version.

Return to “Classic Gaming”