Heavy Nova Sold Out!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Heavy Nova Sold Out!

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 23rd, 2017, 1:20 pm

I was leafing through an old EGM magazine (April 1992) and noticed an ad for Heavy Nova for the Sega Genesis. This is one of the worse games I have ever reviewed, and it was the first time I had seen an ad for it.

The ad had a picture of the box and the words SOLD OUT in big white letters. Underneath it said "Due to overwhelming demand, Heavy Nova is temporarily Sold Out. We're shipping extra orders to arrive in your area in April."

Well I guess when you're trying to sell a turd of a game like this one, deceptive advertising the only option. I like how they saw "in your area" as if they are shipping orders to every location in the entire world.

mbd36

Re: Heavy Nova Sold Out!

Postby mbd36 » December 23rd, 2017, 6:43 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I was leafing through an old EGM magazine (April 1992) and noticed an ad for Heavy Nova for the Sega Genesis. This is one of the worse games I have ever reviewed, and it was the first time I had seen an ad for it.

The ad had a picture of the box and the words SOLD OUT in big white letters. Underneath it said "Due to overwhelming demand, Heavy Nova is temporarily Sold Out. We're shipping extra orders to arrive in your area in April."

Well I guess when you're trying to sell a turd of a game like this one, deceptive advertising the only option. I like how they saw "in your area" as if they are shipping orders to every location in the entire world.

"Dude, it's the video game equivalent of throwing up in your mouth!" should have been the ad.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 23rd, 2017, 7:17 pm

ROFL!

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » December 24th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Critic, there appears to be a sega cd version of this. I think you owe it to yourself to buy it and play it, then review it.

GTS

Postby GTS » December 24th, 2017, 4:04 pm

I agree that you need to review the Sega CD version, before it sells out.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 24th, 2017, 4:05 pm

Here are links to the ad, and the site where I found it.

http://www.forsyard.com/images/1992/hea ... oldOut.jpg

http://www.forsyard.com/1992_03.html

I was tempted to try the Sega CD version, but Japanese Sega CD games are not region free.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » December 24th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Funniest thing I've seen on here in quite awhile. Thanks for sharing. Cheers and Happy Holidays

goldenband

Postby goldenband » December 24th, 2017, 11:46 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I was tempted to try the Sega CD version, but Japanese Sega CD games are not region free.

Do you have an EverDrive? If so, you can load it with a Japanese BIOS that will let you play Japanese games.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 25th, 2017, 10:12 am

Can someone explain what an everdrive is? Is it a cartridge or a mod?

goldenband

Postby goldenband » December 25th, 2017, 1:36 pm

It's a terrific line of SD-card-based flashcarts:

https://krikzz.com/store/

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/

A man in Ukraine has been making them since 2010 (which is when the original Genesis one came out), and they're great. I have one for pretty much every system that KRIKzz supports, and use them constantly. Incompatibilities are generally rare and I haven't had a single problem with any of them.

It beats the heck out of paying the exorbitant prices that have now become customary, or worrying whether my old RPG carts still have working battery saves.

Return to “Classic Gaming”