State of Retrogaming is Strong

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
scotland

State of Retrogaming is Strong

Postby scotland » December 30th, 2017, 10:30 am

I think Retrogaming is doing okay, surprisingly in a world of latest and greatest.

I hear N64 were a big item at local Retrogaming stores. I went to a Barnes and Nobles, and the magazine rack had a magazine overview of many retroconsoles (and computers, I was happy to see), as well as a pricey guide to the SNES. The mini classics were often in the news this last year, and raspberry pi units seem popular - and emulation is a primary use.

What do you think about where Retrogaming is and is going.

matmico399

Re: State of Retrogaming is Strong

Postby matmico399 » December 30th, 2017, 2:12 pm

I think it’s going strong. When my 17 y/o Son is into it that’s a good sign. And I still play all my consoles. 2600, O2, PS2 You name it. Old school gaming is just so charming and fun. And from the looks of my two retro game stores locally, their businesses are doing just fine!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 30th, 2017, 9:20 pm

I think the sorry state of modern gaming has contributed to the popularity of retro gaming. Even young kids have to appreciate the magic of popping in a game cartridge and being able to immediately play it.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 31st, 2017, 12:38 pm

Agreed Critic. I had planned on getting. PS4 soon, but that the Switch requires little to no downloading I think I’ll go with it. I just can’t take these downloading horror stories I have experienced and read about. It sounds a lot like my 360 whereas most games require none, although a few do but the downloads are minimal. Plus the rave reviews of most of its games, seems like a no brainer.

Return to “Classic Gaming”