Sega Sports Pad

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Sega Sports Pad

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 10th, 2018, 8:13 pm

So as I was putting together my Top 50 Worst Games list Great Ice Hockey (Sega Master System) was brought to my attention. This game requires the Sega Sports Pad, but it works terribly! So I revisited the game and now I'm wondering if the ball needs to be oiled or something? I don't want to mess it up, but I can't believe Great Ice Hockey is supposed to control this poorly. Advice?

mbd36

Re: Sega Sports Pad

Postby mbd36 » January 11th, 2018, 6:07 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:So as I was putting together my Top 50 Worst Games list Great Ice Hockey (Sega Master System) was brought to my attention. This game requires the Sega Sports Pad, but it works terribly! So I revisited the game and now I'm wondering if the ball needs to be oiled or something? I don't want to mess it up, but I can't believe Great Ice Hockey is supposed to control this poorly. Advice?

I don't know about the sports pad, but there is another game that requires it called Sports Pad Football. It has a 0.79 on Gamefaqs which might be the lowest score that I've seen. Only 7 votes though. You should acquire a copy and review it!

The pads aren't too expensive on Ebay so you could always get another one to see if it's any better. Maybe they were functional at the time, but were too cheaply made so now don't hold up.

Return to “Classic Gaming”