Atari Flashbacks

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
matmico399

Atari Flashbacks

Postby matmico399 » January 11th, 2018, 5:09 pm

These retro consoles are exciting. I have only gotten a Colecovision one so far as those games are somewhat rare. The intelly one doesn’t interest me as most of the best games require two players and I am pretty much a solo gamer. I luv these Atari Flashbacks. I have an old 2600 but using it through the old box with the game/tv Switch. Needless to say the graphics are super fuzzy looking and sounding. Even on an old CRT. The problem is I have some rare carts for my 2600 that I’m almost positive will never appear on a Flashback console. Is there any chance they will release one with a cartridge slot? Been waiting for years and I see the Flashbacks are HDMI compatible. Sega did it. I wonder why the Atari ones have not. I guess to keep the price down. Suggestions are welcome.

Ozzybear

Re: Atari Flashbacks

Postby Ozzybear » January 12th, 2018, 2:01 am

There is supposed to be one coming out , I think it’s supposed to be called retron 77 ( I apologize if that’s night right, but it’s something like that )

scotland

Re: Atari Flashbacks

Postby scotland » January 12th, 2018, 11:21 am

Look for an Atari Jr with an a/v mod too. I think the Jr's have the easiest mod, so they are not hard to find if you do not want to mod a system you already have.

I think when asked, Hyperion said something about the pin connectors being too rare. Some people did mod the Atari Flashback 2, but then they changed how the Flashbacks worked after that.

Return to “Classic Gaming”