Mini Classic Arcade Machines

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Mini Classic Arcade Machines

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 23rd, 2018, 1:47 pm

A reader tipped me off about a bunch of these mini-arcade games now available on Amazon.
Not sure about the quality, but as a collector these look appealing. Comments?

https://www.amazon.com/Arcade-Classics- ... rcade+game

scotland

Re: Mini Classic Arcade Machines

Postby scotland » March 23rd, 2018, 7:00 pm

I got a Pac Man for Christmas. Quite honestly I picked it up because it looks great. I've not even unboxed it, but it works and the screen is bright and you can play a bit through the packaging.

Atarifever

Re: Mini Classic Arcade Machines

Postby Atarifever » March 25th, 2018, 6:38 am

Friends and family got me Asteroids, Centipede, and Frogger for Christmas. I have them right here next to the computer (I use them to play while waiting for the computer to start up). They're pretty neat interpretations with far better sound than graphics in most cases. Asteroids is more like Asteroids mixed with Tempest or something where you can only circle the middle of the screen to shoot the asteroids (although the vector look is maintained). Frogger is by far the best and most complete of the bunch. It plays pretty much exactly like the arcade version. Centipede is almost losing too much to the technology with the enemies, mushrooms, etc. all being carved out of some portion of the same odd shape. Still, the sound is great and that cabinet looks nice. Importantly, these save high scores. I haven't removed the batteries to see if they save it then, but so far they've been saving them in each game since Christmas.

WalMart sells these here, in a section next to the Atari Flashback Gold, AtGames Genesis, Genesis portable, and Flashback portable. It's like walking back in time in that section. There's a Space Invaders one of these I'm meaning to pick up.

Return to “Classic Gaming”