Seeking reviews/advice on 2600 Homebrews

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » January 18th, 2007, 1:13 am

To be honest, you can't find objective reviews of homebrews on Atariage. Everyone says everything is great.

20-25 bucks is alot of money to spend on an Atari 2600 game. If anyone here owns these games, give me your honest opinion, I'm on the fence if I should get these or not~

Oystron
Ultra Sccisde(spelling?)
Sea Wolf
Phantom 2/Pirate
Star Fire
Man Goes Down
Rainbow Invaders
Solar Plexus

For what it's worth, this is my homebrew collection, if anyone wants my honest review of any of these games, let me know~

2005 Mini Game Multicart
Adventure+
Astar
Avsctec Challenge
BackFire
Climber 5
Four-Play
Gunfight
Hunchy 2
Ladybug
Pesco
QB
Reindeer Rescue
Toy Trouble
Skeleton+
Space Battle
Strat-O-Gems Deluxe
SWOOPS!
Vault Assault
Venture A.A.
Wolfenstein VCS

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » January 19th, 2007, 7:50 am

i havent checked recently, but arent at least some of the games available on ROM to play before you pay?

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 19th, 2007, 9:25 am

Why's $25 a lot of money for a 2600 game?  It didn't used to be, and I certainly get the same amount of play out of the games as I did when 2600 games were for sale in department stores. In fact, I pay a little more than that because of the exchange rate and added shipping to Canada.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » January 19th, 2007, 9:28 am

I plan on start reviewing 2600 homebrews on a regular basis over at my site, since I'm done with EVRYTHING I can do with the 7800 (Except for a few game guides/ maps/ specials I plan on doing). I can get pretty brutal (I just ripped 2 new 7800 homebrews this week pretty hard) but I feel like I am fair. I want people to think when I say "Oh my god this game is great" they will believe me.

Sadly, my first 2600 homebrews are being shipped currently. I'll tell you what I think as soon as I can.

Vinnie

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » January 19th, 2007, 9:30 am

Oystron
Ultra Sccisde(spelling?)
Sea Wolf
Phantom 2/Pirate
Star Fire
Man Goes Down
Rainbow Invaders
Solar Plexus

If memory serves, none of these games appeal to me. Man Goes Down may be good but it sounds like one of those Mystique games

Vinnie

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » January 19th, 2007, 1:34 pm

Zen, the only one of those I have is OYSTRON and I can tell you it sucks! The graphics are horrible, with abstract shapes for ships, it looks like a bad Channel F game. Play is a confused mess, a cross between TURMOIL and SPIDER FIGHTER. Pass!

"Man goes down"...that has GOT to be one of the worst
game titles of all time!

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » January 19th, 2007, 3:07 pm

Ya know Zen, a little minireview of each of your homebrews would be sweet when you get the chance to post something that daunting.

Funkmaster V

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » January 19th, 2007, 4:50 pm

I've posted great big daunting reviews before in the past, and they went largely ignored and weren't replied to. The lastest example, my big long rant as to why Mortal Kombat Armgeddon sucks.

I'll just put it to you this way........

YOU MUST OWN THESE, buy them as soon as possible~

Strat-O-Gems Deluxe
Climber 5
Astar
Wolfenstein VCS
Toyshop Trouble

I'd say out of my big collection, those are the top 5.

Return to “Classic Gaming”