Colecovision vs Personal Arcade vs Dina

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » July 23rd, 2008, 1:14 pm

Which system is best?? I've heard alot that all three systems have problems with breaking and wearing out. Which system gives the least headaches?? Which system is the most sturdy??

NixonTech2071

Postby NixonTech2071 » July 23rd, 2008, 1:26 pm

Does the Colecovision have faulty RF or something? I read critics review saying that it has some problems with the picture.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » July 23rd, 2008, 1:49 pm

Zen, I really reccomend the original Colecovision. Except for the large brick (A Dicker Brick?) power supply it is very well made and sturdy and is the most compatible system.

DINA I've never played.

TELEGAMES , downside you have those horrible pad controls and must reach to the console for the keypad-no good for mousetrap. A few games won't load on it too, although on the upside you have Sega MSX compabiblity-good luck finding MSX games!

If you had the space/money I'd thouroughly Suggest the ADAM computer. Real A/V outputs to a monitor give it the prettiest pictures, and you can play those awesome SUPERGAMES, plus prototypes and homebrews on tape.

Of course the BEST SYSTEM EVER MADE IS THE ODYSSEY2! Don't
settle for more!

PingvinBlueJeans

Postby PingvinBlueJeans » April 15th, 2009, 3:06 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]DINA I've never played.[/quote]

The DINA and Telegames Personal Arcade are the same thing. 

[quote]TELEGAMES , downside you have those horrible pad controls and must reach to the console for the keypad-no good for mousetrap. A few games won't load on it too, although on the upside you have Sega MSX compabiblity-good luck finding MSX games![/quote]
[/QUOTE]
It's compatible with the Sega SG-1000, not the MSX.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 15th, 2009, 4:51 pm

I have a DINA, and it's cheap, poorly made piece of hardware that I pretty much stopped using many years ago.  Mine won't even maintain its color (it goes B&W after a few minutes), unless I play it on a very old television.

Return to “Classic Gaming”