SEGA MASTER SYSTEM THREAD

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 27th, 2009, 6:58 pm

[QUOTE=Gentlegamer]

IT HAS THE ARCADE FEEL!

[/QUOTE]
Those Feka goons would certainly like you to think so.  But they're not even human, so they don't count.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » February 1st, 2009, 12:11 pm

The SMS had some pretty cool games!! Rastan was awesome, if only because of its music! I played the original arcade version, and felt the SMS
port held its own...
Golden Axe was great too. And Alex Kidd in Miracle World was pretty neat, with its janken battles, and bright colors!!

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » February 1st, 2009, 11:07 pm

The only problems are

1.Lousy controller
2.Best games are imports from Europe or Brazil,sort of like best Saturn games are only in Japan[Good luck making PAL games work on NTSC]

Nonetheless there's still Choplifter,Penguins, Alex Kidd,Phantasy Star,and Fantasy Zone to keep me busy

PresidentLeever

Postby PresidentLeever » March 30th, 2009, 9:05 am

[QUOTE=Alienblue]What are your opinions of this little discussed system?

My opinion is on the fence etc.
[/QUOTE]

I think you're crazy. More flicker? No, that might happen in those few 3d-ish arcade conversions you mention (which were too much for the hardware to handle I admit), but not so much in any other games. I've never really had a problem with flicker on the console and I've been playing it since I was a kid. It happens but it doesn't ruin the gameplay.

Fanta
sy Zone is great, especially the music is really catchy and memorable. Yeah, the graphics are pretty trippy but you can still see clearly what is going on can't you? And of course everything is deadly, it's a shooter! My only gripe with it is the short length of the game.

A big YAY for the master system from me. It might not have as many great games as the competition but still enough of them to warrant a purchase. If you're having a hard time finding good games (you shouldn't since a lot of them are covered here), here are my recommendations:

Land of Illu
sion
Wonder Boy III
Fantasy Zone 2
Phantasy Star
Golvellius
Bubble Bobble
Kenseiden
Jura
ssic Park
Sonic the Hedgehog
Zillion
The Ninja

hi there

Postby hi there » March 30th, 2009, 8:55 pm

For the love of god...
the "best games" were nothing more than Game gear ports.  And they probably have blurry graphics due to the fact that they are blown up.  The SMS needs it's OWN games!
Can anyone recommend any good obscure games?  That's where a system get's it's staying power in my house.

PresidentLeever

Postby PresidentLeever » March 31st, 2009, 5:29 am

lol, I'm not taking that bait.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 31st, 2009, 1:50 pm

[QUOTE=hi there]For the love of god...
the "best games" were nothing more than Game gear ports.  And they probably have blurry graphics due to the fact that they are blown up.  The SMS needs it's OWN games!
Can anyone recommend any good obscure games?  That's where a system get's it's staying power in my house.

[/QUOTE]
"Cough", it's the other way around, friend. A lot of Game Gear games are actually Master System ports. Try Wonderboy III for instance, it looks the exact same thing on both systems, but came out on Master System first. It's not like the whole SMS library can be found on the GG though, take Golden Axe Warrior, for instance...
You want something obscure? Try Kenseiden, then...

Return to “Classic Gaming”