Problems Tuning Intellivision

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » January 20th, 2009, 9:14 pm

Admittedly, I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff, but I think your problem could actually be the power supply you are using. One time I tried to use the power supply for my NES with my Genesis. Like with your Intellivision, everything seemed to power up fine, but all I would get was a scrambled picture that made a loud fuzzy noise. I thought something was wrong with my Genesis, but as it turned out the problem was with the power supply. I then began using a power supply that was specifically for the Genesis, and it worked fine. It's possible you may just need a power supply that was made for your Intellivision.

megoninja1

Postby megoninja1 » January 21st, 2009, 3:37 am

I dont think it is the RF adapter as I have tried 3 working ones with the same results, the suggestion about the power supply is an interesting one though, you may be right but the playstation cord gives 10 volts more than the intellvision does so it is getting more electricity not less so I can't imagine it loosing power or any thing, but who knows, electricity works in weird ways.
The only way to prove me wrong is if I get an original intellivision power cord so I might have to try eBay or some thing I guess.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 21st, 2009, 7:57 pm

I'm usually very careful about not hooking power adapters to systems not designed for them.  Who knows what could happen?  I suspect that may be the problem.

megoninja1

Postby megoninja1 » January 21st, 2009, 11:30 pm

yeah you could be right, I have actually exploded things before by accidentally using the wrong power supplies, so I guess it was pretty risky even doing what I did. I will try and get a INTV cord and try it but it will take a while to find one separately.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » February 22nd, 2009, 5:18 pm

you cannot use the same automatic rf adapter on pre-NES systems that you use with the NES, SMS, etc. you have to use a manual rf switch or use a direct cable like the atari age link listed above.

Harmik

Postby Harmik » April 14th, 2009, 8:52 am

Intellivisions are hard to tune and they vary from system to system, there is a adjustment on the motherboard you could try but its not easy. I have about 10 Intellivisions and only one gives a half good picture. So I gave up and had my system moded to coposite by 8bitdomain. Thats a lot better but still has some ghosting. I will never use standard RF again.

Return to “Classic Gaming”