Milon's Secret Castle....finally!!!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » January 31st, 2009, 12:00 pm

I've been playing this game for 20 years and I finally, FINALLY beat it!!! Actually, I wouldn't have beaten it if it weren't for the Angry Video Game Nerd! The reason for that is that I did not know there was a continue code that you could use as many times as you like. Well, last night I finally beat one of the nes games that has given me the largest headaches throughout the years. Now that I'm basically laid off, maybe I'll try to plow through my entire nes library.

Gentlegamer1

Postby Gentlegamer1 » January 31st, 2009, 1:22 pm

I never played Milon's Secret Castle back in the day, but AVGN's review reminded me with my experience with Shadowgate. I rented it for a weekend, and I couldn't get past the first room (second screen) of the game! I'm pretty sure I filled the air with @#$%^& like the Nerd at that time.

It wasn't until years later that I found out how to find the key in the first screen.

missingno

Postby missingno » January 31st, 2009, 2:42 pm

I really want to play Shadowgate and Milon's Secret Castle. That AVGN review of the latter was a good one.

QF

Postby QF » January 31st, 2009, 9:27 pm

I beat Shadowgate using a guide when I got stuck. I'm trying to get through the Uninvited now.

hi there

Postby hi there » February 2nd, 2009, 10:21 pm

It took me five years to beat SG thanks to that annoying "get the key form the skeleton" puzzle.  (Because everyone knows that you need to freeze a lake to retrieve something.)

Nowadays, I've managed to memorize how to beat the game, because I have too much time on my hands.

Return to “Classic Gaming”