Best games for the original Game Boy

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » June 1st, 2009, 6:46 am

[QUOTE=Viper82]My favourites
5)Final Fantasy Legend 3
4)Tetris
3)Link's Awakening
2)Super Mario Land
1)Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

I'm literally stunned to hear Mortal Kombat and Final Fantasy Legend coinsidered excellent Game Boy titles. I recently upped my rating on both.... to an F!
[/QUOTE]

You don't like Final Fantasy Legend, and yet regard Final Fantasy Legend 3 as one of your favourites?? FF Legend 1 is actually great, with awesome musics and cool monster designs. And the bosses are great, the last one being quite unexpected, but I won't spoil it here.
These three RPGs are certainly the best ones available on the original Gameboy. I also like Sword of Hope, and Mysterium would have been alright, had you been able to save your game...

ГРИ

Postby ГРИ » June 9th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Kirby's Pinball Land! Pinball, boss battles, and a save feature! It was pretty suave in my book ... until I lost it at the tender age of 11. Whoops.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » June 11th, 2009, 1:55 am

I didn't try Kirby's pinball land, how does it compare to Revenge of the Gator?? An early Game Boy release, and one awesome pinball game, right there!!

???

Postby ??? » June 18th, 2009, 5:49 pm

Never played that one ... maybe I'll pick it up at amazon.com if it's cheaper than Kirby's Pinball Land.

Who published revenge of the gator?

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » June 19th, 2009, 1:21 am

[QUOTE=??? ]Never played that one ... maybe I'll pick it up at amazon.com if it's cheaper than Kirby's Pinball Land.

Who published revenge of the gator?

[/QUOTE]

Hal Laboratory. If you enjoy pinball games like Devil Crush (TG16/Genesis), you should really like this one as well. Not only is it fun to play, it actually looks great!!

Viper821

Postby Viper821 » June 19th, 2009, 8:50 am

[quote]You don't like Final Fantasy Legend, and yet regard Final Fantasy Legend 3 as one of your favourites?? FF Legend 1 is actually great, with awesome musics and cool monster designs. And the bosses are great, the last one being quite unexpected, but I won't spoil it here.[/quote]

Yes, all due to one thing.... weapons break in FFL1 easily and in FFL3 they don't. I rented this game as a kid to play on a long car trip. After about an hour, I made zero progress because I was fighting just to stay alive. When I finally got enough gold, I had to spend it buying new weapons. This cycle repeated until I finally realize it was a waste of money.

I should also point out that as a poor kid, I didn't exactly play a large number of Game Boy games. Maybe 30 tops.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » June 20th, 2009, 1:23 am

Maybe you should give it another try, it's worth playing!!

Return to “Classic Gaming”