Toxic XBox Games to Avoid

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
GameBoy Girl

Postby GameBoy Girl » May 26th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Now that the XBox is really being phased out under the 360, it's time to share memories of the... well, of the worst times with Microsoft's little BIG machine that could.

So... here's the absolute worst games to ever slither onto the XBox:

Drake of the 99 Dragons - This game was very hyped by its developers - heavily-advertised and packaged with a comic book.  Now, everybody knows that it's never good for a mediocre game to be so over-hyped - remember Daikatana or good ol' E.T.?  Well, Drake was different.  It was not simply bad, or mediocre.  It was atrocious.  The camera spins and zooms so much that it is literally impossible to do anything half the time - the same goes for Drake's controls.  If you can hit anything with that spinning gun (the controls are abominable), consider yourself super-lucky.  This, of course, is certainly not helped by the absolutely SADISTIC difficulty and enemies flying at you from every angle.

Mad Dog McCree - This game was great on the CD-i - I can only imagine how good it'll be on the XBox, right?  Oh, no.  Wrong.  Super-ultra-double-mega wrong.  Just like the PS2 version, this game is HELL with those fancy controllers.  You're supposed the hit the "Enter" button to shoot(!)(?)  Why!?  Why couldn't they just use the - oh, I don't know - the A button, perhaps?  Made by the same people who also gave us the horrendous Time Traveler port (see below).  Oddly enough, though, the DVD version of this game was actually an improvement.

Time Traveler - Stripped of its big gimmick (the "hologram" display), Sega's Time Traveler was one of the most bizarre, unintentionally amusing FMV games ever made - resembling something Ed Wood might have churned out during an LSD session.  The DVD version was absolutely unplayable - the XBox and PS2 versions are slightly less unplayable.  That does not, however, mean that they are fun.

Sneakers - While this game was only available at Toys R' Us in the US (just like the great DS game Soul Bubbles), it was actually included as the pack-in game for the XBox in Japan.  Not since Blue Lightning for the Jaguar CD have gamers been given such a terrible first impression.  Sneakers involves finding mice in rooms.  Simple enough, right?  Everything looks exactly the same.  Did I already look here?  Am I walking around in circles?  I don't know, because this door looks exactly the same as the other door.  This is a 3-D action game, which means free exploration, right?  Wrong.  You have to follow strict paths.  An absolutely tedious, fun-destroying game.

Metal Dungeon - What is this garbage!?  Did a hideous alien life-form invade my TV?  Did a Tiger R-Zone rape a CD-i?  No!  It's Metal Dungeon.  Do you love RPG games with bland, uninteresting battles (kill the same exact same monsters AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN), zero variety of backgrounds (metal dungeons... who would have guessed?), characters (generic warrior/robot fighters), and enemies (stock monsters; get used to them... they're the only thing you'll see in the entire game, besides the metal dungeons), this just might be the game you're looking for!

Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis - This game is carpal tunnel on a CD.  For each level, all you do - and, I repeat, ALL YOU DO - is hit the A button and shoot stuff.  And then you're faced with the fighting system - hit the A button and punch stuff.  Wanna know how to beat this game?  Hit the A button rapidly for the entire game.  No, I'm dead serious.  That's how you beat the game.  No exaggeration here, people.

So... what horrible XBox games would YOU like to share?

TheBawwRadar

Postby TheBawwRadar » May 26th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Star wars: Obi wan

Can you say "slooooooow falll down"?

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » May 27th, 2009, 12:14 am

Turok: Evolution :I don't understand why Critic gave the best Turoks in the world F's while he gave the crappiest one a C.The controls for this one were the practically the most broken controls an FPS could contain

Kabuki Warriors: 3rd worst game in the world, when one guy from EDGE wrote "I literally beat one match by bashing the controller with my [expletive]",I took it upon myself to beat the game using my back. The game was like Fight for Life for Jaguar except even more embarrassing

Sonic Heroes: This game was bad on ball systems and had Sonic '06 never come into existence this would've been the worst in the series

Eragon: Bad graphics,bad gameplay,and the character is even more arrogant than in the books and movies.Everything moves really slow,then really quickly,and occasionally freezes.

ozzybear

Postby ozzybear » May 27th, 2009, 2:47 am

every system has its share of crap. why not point out that the xbox had a ton of great games as well, and i certainly dont mean halo either, not everyone is into the fps games, but had a little bit of everything for everyone as does every system.

Danthor

Postby Danthor » May 31st, 2009, 2:51 am

Worst game I've played on Xbox is Terminator: Dawn of Fate. Everything about it is agitating, and obnoxious.

Return to “Classic Gaming”