N64 What am I missing?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Greisha1

N64 What am I missing?

Postby Greisha1 » March 13th, 2010, 9:42 pm

Pixel --

You probably won't be too interested in another Bust a Move game (since if you own one, the others are more-or-less the same), but there is Bust a Move 99 for the N64, which has a 4-player mode, an edit mode, a "challenge" mode, and a "collection" mode that has hundreds (?) of pre-made puzzles you can play. My wife, my sister, and I still play it when we go to visit the parents.

Pokemon has it's die-hards, I guess. I've only played the original GB iterations, and as far as I can tell, they've been rehashing it ever since. So I don't think you're missing much. Unless you like screaming at electric rats through a microphone or snapping pictures of fake wildlife.

N64Dude1

N64 What am I missing?

Postby N64Dude1 » March 13th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Of course you missed the craze,it was meant for kids.

Any sane 6 year old in 1999 loved Pokemon [myself included] at one point,any adult that didn't ignore the whole craze was probably a parent buying a heckload of merchandise

And while Gresiha is right that they basically don't change too much over time,there have been minor tweaks but regardless all versions are worth playing. It's like saying if you've played one Mario Kart or Super Mario you've played them all.

J_B_Philouza

N64 What am I missing?

Postby J_B_Philouza » March 14th, 2010, 7:45 am

Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League (PPL) are essentially the same game.  The most important difference is that PPL has much faster processing speed on the N64, allowing for tougher AI and less slowdown compared to Tetris Attack on the SNES.  Both games are based on the puzzle game Panel de Pon, developed by Intelligent Systems in 1995.  The characters and story have absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay, they are just dressing.  I hate Pokemon, but I love Pokemon Puzzle League.  It's a strange world.

Return to “Classic Gaming”