Hey, Critic! Crazy Climber for the Astrocade!!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Allpaul1

Postby Allpaul1 » February 1st, 2011, 10:42 am

Looks like the guy who did War for the Bally Astrocade is almost finished with Crazy Climber.. In the thread on Atariage, he promises a bigger run than the 20 the did for War... One of my all-time favorite games!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB2_vsbp85k

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 2nd, 2011, 10:14 pm

Do you have a link to the Atari Age thread?  I'd like to reserve a copy.

oldschoolgamer

Postby oldschoolgamer » February 3rd, 2011, 1:28 am

did a google search
http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/176248-2nd-bally-astrocade-homebrew-crazy-climber/

Allpaul1

Postby Allpaul1 » March 8th, 2011, 12:51 pm

I saw that you posted on AtariAge.. Did the developer ever contact you?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 8th, 2011, 5:42 pm

[QUOTE=Allpaul]I saw that you posted on AtariAge.. Did the developer ever contact you?[/QUOTE]

No, never heard back.  Home brewers must be afraid of me.

Allpaul1

Postby Allpaul1 » May 12th, 2011, 1:13 am

Here's an update copied directly from the thread at Atari Age. Looks like they may do another run of War after this! Here it is:

If you are interested in getting on the waiting list for Crazy Climber (should be ready to ship in 6-8 weeks from now) email: ballyalley@hotmail.com

As per Adam's post to the groups:
-------------------
A waiting list for "Crazy Climber" will now begin now that the pre-orders for the game are complete. This list will work on a first come, first served basis. Here is how to get you name on the list and how the list works:

1) Email me and ask to be added to the list. (ballyalley@hotmail.com)

2) You will be added to a list for the remaining copies of "Crazy Climber" in the order that your name is received.

3) There is absolutely NO need to send any money at this point. Once the game is ready to ship, then you will be contacted. At that point you will have seven days to purchase the game. If you decide not to buy the game, or if seven days elapse and the game has not yet been purchased, then you lose your place on the list.

This list is as simple as it sounds.

If you're interested in being added to the "Crazy Climber" waiting list, then contact me.
-------------------

There were 20 that people could pre-pay for so we can actually make the PCB's etc. but those were already spoken for by the time I heard back. In any case if you get on the list you'll get one. I've also been asking about a 2nd print of War but that will not happen until after the CC release. 

Scott

Postby Scott » May 13th, 2011, 9:33 am

Maybe the wrong sections but right topic, has anyone played the Japan import Crazy Climber for the Wii?
Looks pretty interesting to play with the Wii controllers and the grahpics look good.
Let me know if anyone has played.
Thanks

Scott

Postby Scott » May 27th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Ordered the Japanese version of Crazy Climber for the Wii the other day should be here on Tuesday. I just hope I can get it to work on my Wii. Looks pretty good, the next retro game I will get or downlaod will be Burgertime 3d which should be out in a month or so.

Allpaul1

Postby Allpaul1 » July 31st, 2011, 6:06 pm

Looks like Crazy Climber went on sale... Better hurry, because there is a limited number of copies! I'd love to see a review of this one! I think out was post 35:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/176248-2nd-bally-astrocade-homebrew-crazy-climber/page__st__25

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 2nd, 2011, 7:05 pm

I placed my order!  Thanks for the heads up!

Return to “Classic Gaming”