Top 100 SNES And NES Games Articles

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Lögan Ruckman™

Postby Lögan Ruckman™ » April 16th, 2011, 11:21 am

Here are two wonderful articles.

Top 100 Nes Games- This was actually done before IGN's list, and better too: http://www.sydlexia.com/top100nes.htm

Top 100 SNES Games- One of the best video game articles ever: http://www.sydlexia.com/top100snes.htm

The rest of his site is awesome, too. Tell me what you think of the Top 100's.

a1

Postby a1 » April 17th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Sorry to hate, but it was hard for me to keep going on the NES list when I saw Ninja Turtles II was in the top ten, and the vastly superior Ninja Turtles III wasn't on the list at all. The SNES list is good for me though because I don't have a lot of SNES games.

Josh

Postby Josh » April 17th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Yeah, the NES list was hit or miss. What? No mention of Jackal or Trojan? Fail
Also, the guys were quite vulgar. I'm not a prude but too much vulgarity makes a person sound stupid.

oldschoolgamer

Postby oldschoolgamer » April 17th, 2011, 11:06 pm

TMNT II was the port of a popular arcade game, and was a massive seller.  TMNT III was also unfortunate enough to be released after the SNES, so it would have been less likely to be on people's radar.

a1

Postby a1 » April 18th, 2011, 12:10 am

[QUOTE=oldschoolgamer]TMNT II was the port of a popular arcade game, and was a massive seller.  TMNT III was also unfortunate enough to be released after the SNES, so it would have been less likely to be on people's radar.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but TMNT II was not a good enough port to be in the top ten anyway. And if they loved the NES enough to make a top 100 list, and TMNT II enough to put it in the top ten, you think they'd play the sequel.

a1

Postby a1 » April 18th, 2011, 12:16 am

Oh, I guess TMNT II is actually number 11, so pardon my mispeaking. Also, Yo Noid is on the list (I have played it and it is very mediocre), and the original TMNT is beating Kirby's Adventure. I like TMNT, but it's not even comparable to Kirby's Adventure in any category.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » April 18th, 2011, 1:57 am

I clicked on a few games in the SuperNes list to read their write ups and wasn't very impressed. Here is a good example of one of them.

http://www.sydlexia.com/snes100/snes44.htm

Lögan Ruckman™

Postby Lögan Ruckman™ » April 18th, 2011, 6:23 am

The reason some games are on there and some aren't and why the order might seem weird is the voting process done by them and a few other people. Syd himself said that there are "some omissions that dissapoint me and some inclusions that disgust me." I thought they were great, although I can see why some people wouldn't like it (sometimes odd placing, vulgarity, etc.).

a1

Postby a1 » April 18th, 2011, 9:30 am

[QUOTE=Leo]

I clicked on a few games in the SuperNes list to read their write ups and wasn't very impressed. Here is a good example of one of them.

http://www.sydlexia.com/snes100/snes44.htm

[/QUOTE]

Ug. The swearing in that one is especially juvenile.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » April 18th, 2011, 10:03 pm

It was rather vulgar, and language like that has no place in a serious piece of literature, it was amateurish to say the least. And there are a lot of Megamans high on the nes list. However, F-Zero at 23 is right where it belongs. Ok, maybe it should be around 50, but it's good to see someone likes the game. Which brings me back to my younger days, traveling with my family in the early 90s, back when the hotel rooms had video games, just about every hotel had a snes and that was my introduction to F-Zero, I played it to death. I get it, the gameplay's not A+. I compare F-Zero to "Diamonds are Forever", it didn't have the best script but the visuals were spectacular and it had charm....I compare Club Drive to "The Man with the Golden Gun" 

Return to “Classic Gaming”