Best crash bandicoot game?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » February 15th, 2012, 9:50 pm

What is your favorite among this classic series? Lets look at mine point-by-point.

Crash Bandicoot: Good 3D platformer that has gained classic status among fans. Although it is best taken in small doses due to lack of variety. This is still my second favorite. If I were to Review this game, it would receive a B+ grade.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Fantastic 3D platformer. The sprites look less chunky and are animated more fluidly. The gameplay is faster, music is SENSATIONAL, and the stages have more variety. The new slide, body-slam, crouch, and crawl moves make it great. It's not too complicated, secrets easy to discover without being too easy, and great forever, this is my favorite in the series. If I were to review it, it would receive an A+.

Crash Warped: Ok title. New powers add replay value, although they complicate the game. The game is just too easy, although the secrets are difficult to find. Add in strange stage designs and you have a weird platformer. If I reviewed it, it would receive a C+.
Wnats your favorite in the original playstation series, Id like to hear it.

DrCruse1

Postby DrCruse1 » February 16th, 2012, 6:55 am

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. The second was the best; great level design amazing music and all around awesome fun. The first game was great too, being the most challenging. The third was good but was too easy and repetitive for me.

Stephen

Postby Stephen » February 16th, 2012, 11:16 am

I found Wrath Of Cortex on GameCube to be underrated, in fact, I perfer it over warped. I find it had variety, its not a C game by any means, more of B status

Fingers dripping ink

Postby Fingers dripping ink » February 16th, 2012, 3:49 pm

I've always preferred the second game.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » February 16th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Crash Bandicoot 2 has always been my favorite. One of my favorite games of all time, actually. My second favorite is Warped. I loved the characters, the levels, and the new abilities. I especially loved that wampa bazooka. The original is a fun game but I think nothing really stands out about it. The second game gave the series its charm imo. I also have Wrath of Cortex on PS2. That's a really fun but, my god... Those load times are ridiculous. I don't think any game's load time has ever come close to how long that one made me wait. After WoC, the series got pretty dull. Games like Twinsanity just didn't feel the same as the good old Crash games.   

Stephen

Postby Stephen » March 14th, 2012, 11:15 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nesfan
After WoC, the series got pretty dull.[/QUOTE]

I agree, although the GameBoy Advance games rock.

Return to “Classic Gaming”