Favorite 2600 Joystick?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
R. Jones

Favorite 2600 Joystick?

Postby R. Jones » June 30th, 2006, 7:21 am

I'm thinking about getting some joysticks for my atari.  Right now I'm using Genesis controllers.  I have a couple pro controllers, but they're pro controllers.  I've heard that the third party controllers are better than the atari ones.  Any suggestions?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Favorite 2600 Joystick?

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 30th, 2006, 9:20 am

Yes, I live and die with the Wico bat-handle controllers.  They're red and black, and very durable.

Cody

Favorite 2600 Joystick?

Postby Cody » June 30th, 2006, 1:30 pm

The Critic's right about the Wico cotrollers, but a joystick called the Sunsoft Slik Stik is really nice, compact and durable. The controls are also very smooth and sensitive to your commands.

Alienblue

Favorite 2600 Joystick?

Postby Alienblue » June 30th, 2006, 2:28 pm

I swear by the Spectravideo Joystick (spectrastick? I can't remember!)... it has two fire butons, one on the large handle which has indentations; the stick is quite responsive but not as durable as the WICO sticks. I have a WICO Colecovision controller that is sort of all purpose; I find it works on all Atari systems, the Genesis SMS AND the Vectrex! (I think it may even work on the INTV with removable controls)...WICO was deffinitely a quality manufacturer. I also kinda like the little skilstik, it is tiny but has a red knob top and gives good play. The Atari Trackball is good for general use, though Coleco's roller controller is even better!

chrisbid1

Favorite 2600 Joystick?

Postby chrisbid1 » July 1st, 2006, 9:02 am

a good cx40 stick is excellent for most 2600 games. games with sluggish control are the fault of the game rather than the joystick on the 2600

Return to “Classic Gaming”