Fortnite: Battle Royale

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Fortnite: Battle Royale

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 3rd, 2017, 9:32 pm

I've said before that I'm interested in Player Unknown: Battleground, and I'm interested in Fortnite. Well, since PUBG isn't coming to PS4 anytime soon, Fortnite took it upon themselves to do it for them. Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is essentially PUBG in Fortnite form. And since they decided to let people play that for free without purchasing the entire game.
For those who don't know, PUBG and Battle Royale is essentially a last man standing, king of the hill deathmatch on a really big map. Your plane (or in this case, hot air balloon bus) flies across the map, and you get to choose when to jump out and parachute to the ground. You scavenge for weapons and armor, and fight anybody who crosses paths with you. Every few minutes a "storm will converge on the map, shrinking the area you can be in without taking damage and simultaneously forcing everyone closer together. Last player alive wins.
I'm pretty since the map is smaller, and they trade being able to drive for the ability to collect materials and build whatever you want. I don't expect many people to be building in this mode because if you're somewhere you're able to build, nobody will ever find it. If you're somewhere that it'll be useful, someone will probably put a bullet in your head before you can finish. Even So, for what it is I'm having fun. The highest I've gotten is 27th place.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Fortnite: Battle Royale

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 5th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Here's a funny story I got from playing this morning. It was one of my better matches (mostly because I went nearly ten minutes without seeing anybody), and made it to the last 20 survivors. Then I saw somebody in the distance thinking he was gonna be smart and make himself a little sniper's nest. He made a big wooden platform floating in midair, destroyed the ramp leading up to it, and then built a brick wall around the perimeter to protect himself. He had no idea I was there, so I just went up and shot the floor out from under him.

Return to “Modern Gaming”