Wii U's meager game selection

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Irenicus1

Postby Irenicus1 » March 18th, 2013, 12:15 am

I would assume that the Wii U is better quality & reliability over the 360. In that sense I'd rather buy games for the Wii U than for my 360 which could die any day now.  

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » March 18th, 2013, 7:04 am

Naw, most multiplatform games on the Wii U have more performance issues on the Wii U than 360 and PS3. 

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 18th, 2013, 12:09 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]Unfortunately I'm not likely to be third-party games unless they made good use of the Wii U controller.  If the Wii U edition doesn't bring anything new to the table I might as well get the 360 version. [/QUOTE]

Hmm, in the case of Mass Effect 3, I found one other positive that you'd enjoy.  It contains almost all of the DLC on the disk.  I found the following on digitalspy's site that might make you reconsider.

[QUOTE=digitalspy]
On a more positive note, the Wii U version demonstrates once again how the GamePad can be used in subtle ways to enhance the user experience. It's largely used as a map, which may sound uninspired, but comes in handy when displaying enemy locations and mission markers. 

Users can also assign squad powers to slots on the touchscreen and send allies to strategically advantageous positions by dragging markers. While we'd have liked to have seen more from the GamePad, it makes for a more efficient battle system.

It's hard to say whether or not Mass Effect 3: Special Edition is the definitive version of the game because most of the extras can be downloaded for free elsewhere, while missing content is unlikely to feature. The Wii U is also lacking previous games in the series, which no amount of interactive comic books can make up for, not to mention the fact that it costs a lot more on Nintendo's new system. 

The game itself, however, is still out of this world, with Wii U users benefiting from the new and improved ending and a more efficient touchscreen control system. If this is your only opportunity to put an end to the Reaper invasion, we can't recommend the game enough, but if you access to a different gaming system, it's better to look elsewhere. 

[/QUOTE]

It's these types of nuances that I find interesting. Good luck with whatever game you pick.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » April 23rd, 2013, 2:58 pm

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is by far the best Wii U exclusive so far. I`m surprised to see so little mentiom of such a massive title.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » April 23rd, 2013, 5:06 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate]Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is by far the best Wii U exclusive so far. I`m surprised to see so little mentiom of such a massive title.[/QUOTE]

Well it is an upgraded port of a game that had been out a long time and is much more popular in Japan than anywhere else.

Frankly, if I wanted to play MH3 I would boot it up on the Wii again.

The best WiiU exclusives are Nintendoland, New Mario U and Lego City, and MH3U is not really even an exclusive.

Nothing against it, just stating facts.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » April 24th, 2013, 8:52 am

MH3U versus Tri is like playing Morrowind on a high-end PC with all the expansions and HD mods versus playing the game on the original Xbox. MH3U actually has enough new content to make it a different game entirely. It also has weekly free DLC (which is ironic considering that Capcom is the publisher ). Honestly, the Wii U would be a sad, sad little machine right now were it not for this game.

steephen1

Postby steephen1 » April 24th, 2013, 11:09 am

Who's the wise ass Playstation lover mod who deleted our comments? Do the words: "FREE AND OPEN INTERNET" mean anything to you?

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » April 24th, 2013, 7:01 pm

[QUOTE=steephen]Who's the wise ass Playstation lover mod who deleted our comments? Do the words: "FREE AND OPEN INTERNET" mean anything to you?[/QUOTE]

I haven't deleted anything.  Is it possible you're referring to comments in another thread?  You've got a Playstation named comment in the other Wii U thread.

<this post reminds me of Alienblue for some reason>

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 24th, 2013, 11:28 pm

[QUOTE=steephen]Who's the wise ass Playstation lover mod who deleted our comments? Do the words: "FREE AND OPEN INTERNET" mean anything to you?[/QUOTE]

You're talking about the Wii U commercial thread... You have like three posts in that thread so I'm pretty sure that's what you are referring to. It's the thread directly below this one with a similar title.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » April 26th, 2013, 11:13 am

Tank! Tank! Tank! is a fantastic multiplayer arcade port.  The single player game wears a little thin, and 50 dollars is probably a little too high of a price point, but pick it up.

http://www.amazon.com/Tank-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B008MO6BMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366989189&sr=8-1&keywords=tank+tank+tank

Return to “Modern Gaming”