Good Xbox One games?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
weallmissedme1

Good Xbox One games?

Postby weallmissedme1 » April 8th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Well, Ryse is only real exclusive that looks promising. Every other game I can think of good (Dead Rising 3 is mediocre, it doesn't count) you can play with comparable graphics on the 360. Seriously, I have titanfall on the PC and rented it on the 360, not to mention I've played it on the Xbone (friend of mine just had to get it). I've gotta say, between the last generation and this generation, the only thing I've noticed is the games look cleaner. Not better, but cleaner, a lot more clear. So it's mainly a jump of clarity. So critic, I say stick with the 360. If all you're getting (for now) is a jump in clarity. You know the jump of clarity you get from consoles to a PC game? Yeah, it's like that. But to some people it won't matter, like I said, stick with the 360 until the good games come out.

txsizzler1

Good Xbox One games?

Postby txsizzler1 » April 9th, 2014, 9:55 am

Agreed weallmissme. I think the true power of these new generation consoles, will be seen through the peripherals, like the Kinect 2, once it gets some good firmware and refined programming (games) for it. Really, as far as graphics, go, at least for the moment, the differences between the One and the 360 games are pretty minimal. Completely different than the jump from the original Xbox to the 360, or the PS2 to the PS3. 

ActRaiser1

Good Xbox One games?

Postby ActRaiser1 » April 30th, 2014, 4:25 pm

I would add Killer Instinct to your list of games to play.  There are four "modes" to it.

1. Buy the whole game up front including all additional outfits and you get the original Killer Instinct arcade game ($40)

2. Buy just the characters as a whole ($20)

3. Buy individual characters ($5)

4. Free to play model (Free, duh), but you're limited to one character per week.  The system swaps out which character you can try every week.

I bought the complete game $40.  The graphics are really good.  The downside being the game is really, freaking hard.  I completely suck at it but if you take the time you can learn how to play it well.  They recently came out with an "arcade" mode with stories for each character that makes it worth the $40 for local play.  Anyways, add it to your list for when you get an Xbox One as it's an exclusive that's improved over time.

Rev1

Good Xbox One games?

Postby Rev1 » April 30th, 2014, 6:44 pm

I love the original Killer Instinct and was sad to hear it was a FTP game, but if you can buy the whole version that is still a reason to eventually get an xbox one. Hopefully it comes with a physical release sometime soon.

Atarifever1

Good Xbox One games?

Postby Atarifever1 » May 2nd, 2014, 12:42 pm

[QUOTE=Rev]I love the original Killer Instinct and was sad to hear it was a FTP game, but if you can buy the whole version that is still a reason to eventually get an xbox one. Hopefully it comes with a physical release sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

I'd assume there's going to be some kind of incredible GOTY version with a statue or something. 

ActRaiser1

Good Xbox One games?

Postby ActRaiser1 » December 2nd, 2014, 8:21 pm

Titanfall is only $10 online!

Or you can spend $12.50 for the deluxe edition.  If you've got an Xbox One and don't have Titanfall, I'd highly recommend it.  They recently added a horde mode as well.  

Aces all the way.

HardcoreSadism1

Good Xbox One games?

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » December 2nd, 2014, 11:10 pm

Sunset Overdrive is a different approach to extreme shooters, and what do you know appeals to all audiences.

Astrosmasher1

Good Xbox One games?

Postby Astrosmasher1 » December 12th, 2014, 9:28 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic][QUOTE=Astrosmasher]Like Titanfall Plants vs zombies is online only.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this?  One review on Amazon talks about the local coop play.[/QUOTE]
I played the local co op.  I could not attest to it being offline.  It was a cut down version of the game and nowhere near as much fun as the online game.

Noah981

Good Xbox One games?

Postby Noah981 » December 17th, 2014, 9:33 pm

Project Spark is fun if you get the disc release.

Return to “Modern Gaming”