Fatal Frame coming to the Wii U

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sut1

Postby Sut1 » April 25th, 2014, 3:41 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]Why this sudden empahasis? To make up for lack of AAA 3rd party support. Same with partnerships and exclusives games like Sonic, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, the Zelda spin off, and this game. And the huge Nintendo/Indie push. You cannot assume what was empathized in the past will be emphasized today, or vice versa. Times change.[/QUOTE]

Great observation and very good point, Nintendo has lost some AAA third party support in the west, but there are gems in the east.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » July 17th, 2014, 8:30 pm

First trailer

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1rv4GAZoho#t=152[/video]

A shame we're left having to hope that it will be translated and released in the West.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 17th, 2014, 10:22 pm

[QUOTE=Leo]First trailer

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1rv4GAZoho#t=152[/video]

A shame we're left having to hope that it will be translated and released in the West.[/QUOTE]

Relax Leo, it is not even released yet.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 18th, 2014, 8:50 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=Leo]

A shame we're left having to hope that it will be translated and released in the West.[/QUOTE]

Relax Leo, it is not even released yet.

[/QUOTE]
I think he's right to be worried.  I really don't think this is about Nintendo.  This is about NOA.  They have some crazy idea of what people will and will not buy and you sometimes have to beg them for the smallest, barest scrap of what smaller markets get. 

However, I will say that we are getting a new Bayonetta from Nintendo right now, who are promoting that in the West, and we did get, of all things, Tomodachi Life, and we got Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.  Right now they seem to be tossing everything they can at us, so this seems like a no brainer.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » July 18th, 2014, 4:12 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]I think he's right to be worried.  I really don't think this is about Nintendo.  This is about NOA.[/QUOTE]

With there being a movie apparently from Hollywood and presumably slated for North American theaters, I'm hoping that entices them to take a chance.

But when Nintendo of America could sit on a fully translated Fatal Frame 2 on a system with ~45 million installed units in this region at a time when there were few new software offerings and a successor hadn't even been released yet, I'm not optimistic.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 18th, 2014, 6:33 pm

[QUOTE=Leo][QUOTE=Atarifever]I think he's right to be worried.  I really don't think this is about Nintendo.  This is about NOA.[/QUOTE]

With there being a movie apparently from Hollywood and presumably slated for North American theaters, I'm hoping that entices them to take a chance.

But when Nintendo of America could sit on a fully translated Fatal Frame 2 on a system with ~45 million installed units in this region at a time when there were few new software offerings and a successor hadn't even been released yet, I'm not optimistic.[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet $10 of Wii U credit that this game will be available to buy on your NA Wii U within a year form its Japanese release date.

Do we have a bet? Like Obama, I am STILL optimistic.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » July 19th, 2014, 10:11 am

[QUOTE=Leo][QUOTE=Atarifever]I think he's right to be worried.  I really don't think this is about Nintendo.  This is about NOA.[/QUOTE]

But when Nintendo of America could sit on a fully translated Fatal Frame 2 on a system with ~45 million installed units in this region at a time when there were few new software offerings and a successor hadn't even been released yet, I'm not optimistic.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Nintendo is worried about diluting their "Family-Friendly Software" image. Perhaps they could make a secondary label, like Disney did with Touchstone Pictures?

Or we could all write to Xseed. That worked before, right?

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » July 19th, 2014, 11:14 am

I declare PROJECT FATAL FALL! Bring FF Wii U to the U.S.A.!!!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 19th, 2014, 2:05 pm

I wish Nintendo would release more Japanese games here in the states.  Games from the east tend to be a lot more imaginative and fun.  Plus it would carve out a niche that's not present in the PS4/XB1 libraries.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » July 19th, 2014, 2:15 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]I wish Nintendo would release more Japanese games here in the states.  Games from the east tend to be a lot more imaginative and fun.  Plus it would carve out a niche that's not present in the PS4/XB1 libraries.[/QUOTE]

Amen! Despite the fact that the PS4 is made by a Japanese company, it totally lacks Japanese-made exclusives. There's at least one on the way (Bloodborne, which will be the game that makes me buy a PS4), but nothing that I know of at present.

Return to “Modern Gaming”