PS4 Suspend Function

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

PS4 Suspend Function

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 25th, 2015, 6:49 pm

I stumbled upon this article about a new PS4 feature and didn't think much of it at first.  Then I thought about how time consuming it is to start up Alien Isolation (which I play a few times per week) and shut it down.  

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/ps4-finally-getting-suspendresume-feature-first-promised-two-years-ago/

This would actually come in very handy.  I noticed my Xbox One already does it, which is great if you're just playing one game at a time.

Vexer1

PS4 Suspend Function

Postby Vexer1 » March 25th, 2015, 7:19 pm

This does sound quite useful, I was rather annoyed at having to sit through several load screens every time I started up Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Gilly1

PS4 Suspend Function

Postby Gilly1 » March 25th, 2015, 8:45 pm

Cool! The PS4 is finally getting one of my favorite XBone features, if not favorite. This is just in time as I'm planning on getting a PS4 from Gamestop this weekend to take advantage of their trade in offer, giving up a spare 360 I have.

ActRaiser1

PS4 Suspend Function

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 25th, 2015, 10:06 pm

What's weird is some games on my PS4 already support that function.  I can swap to Netflix and it will suspend my progress immediately but other games it doesn't.  It seems to be hit and miss.  Hopefully, the update makes work everywhere.

Ozzybear1

PS4 Suspend Function

Postby Ozzybear1 » March 26th, 2015, 4:24 am

That feature has been there for quite a while !! lol
You should try the share function, even on a game
that's only local multiplayer, you can still play online
with a friend, very very unique touch!

Herschie

Re: PS4 Suspend Function

Postby Herschie » April 12th, 2015, 8:11 pm

This is the best thing to ever happen to video game consoles. Now I can confidently start a game of MLB: The Show or Madden, and know that if my wife comes at me with a honey-do list, or the dog has to go out, or when I just have 20 minutes to play, I can just put it into suspend and play it later. Plus, often times with sports games, you're not done playing after one game, but you get a little tired of it during the second. As Ernie Banks would say, "Let's play two!". Well, part of that two can wait until I have the time to play it.

I wish my dog had this function.

Return to “Modern Gaming”