New Castlevania game coming for the 3DS!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » June 6th, 2012, 10:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmt0aGWywqw
Here's the trailer for Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, coming for the 3DS.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/news/castlevania-kicks-nintendos-3ds-e3-press-conference/
Here's additional info on it.

Looks like it's going to be a great 2.5 platformer for the 3DS! Konami mentioned it would be a true Castlevania game, and from the trailer's perspective, it certainly looks the part. It will also feature a rotating camera.

So what do you guys think? Excited? I sure am (I've played the original on the Nes)

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » June 11th, 2012, 10:26 am

I'm pretty excited for this one, but I have my reservations.  I'm a little apprehensive about the project, since it's Mercury Steam (instead of the regular IGA handheld Castlevania team) that will be handling it.  I didn't really like their other Castlevania project; Lords of Shadow (PS3, 360).  But even so, it was much better than any other 3D Castlevania game I've played.  Also not too excited about the 2.5D view.  I prefer sprites.  But at the very least, this and the simultaneous announcement of Lords of Shadows 2 on PS3 and 360 prove that Konami hasn't completely forgotten about my favorite franchise.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » June 13th, 2012, 11:13 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy] Konami mentioned it would be a true Castlevania game[/QUOTE]

They have a different definition of "true Castlevania game" than I do, since they also mentioned it would have lots of exploration, items, equipment, and all that other Metroidvania nonsense I've never cared for. Mix in gameplay elements from the terrible Lords of Shadows "subseries", and you got something that doesn't look much like a winner.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » June 15th, 2012, 12:36 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy] Konami mentioned it would be a true Castlevania game[/QUOTE]

As opposed to Castlevania Judgement, I guess?

I still have yet to play most of the DS /GBA entries, so I still have a good backlog. No need to buy a 3DS yet!

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » June 16th, 2012, 5:33 pm

[QUOTE=Greisha][QUOTE=Blueguy] Konami mentioned it would be a true Castlevania game[/QUOTE]

As opposed to Castlevania Judgement, I guess?

I still have yet to play most of the DS /GBA entries, so I still have a good backlog. No need to buy a 3DS yet!
[/QUOTE]

I respect your patience, but you're missing out on some great games (Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Revelations, Kid Icarus Uprising, etc.)!

Return to “Modern Gaming”