Alien Isolation.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Astrosmasher1

Alien Isolation.

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 7th, 2014, 8:48 pm

I remember the pre sale hype for this game.  A new Alien game which is better than the last one.  I was rather fond of Colonial Marines, I was suckered into buying the first game full price so this time around no chance.
They say they have the graphics just right.  Also the intro movie is a thing to behold.

I talked to my pal.  He is really into horror games and he says to me. Do not buy it.  The Alien is UN-killable, It is time to run away for the whole game.  Well at least until the androids turn up.

I thought like most Sega games this would get cheaper and it is already half the price it was last week.

So does anyone have it? 

Vexer1

Alien Isolation.

Postby Vexer1 » November 8th, 2014, 12:02 am

I had it(though I recently traded it in for Advanced Warfare) and thought it was merely OK, to me the game suffered from a lack of scares, numerous glitches(objectives not properly showing up, guns suddenly not working properly, textures not properly rendering etc) and a disappointing final third that has one false ending too many along with tedious backtracking.

I found the alien encounters more annoying then suspenseful, though I did like the encounters with androids and humans.

Astrosmasher1

Alien Isolation.

Postby Astrosmasher1 » November 11th, 2014, 3:44 pm

Thanks Vexer.

bronZfonZ1

Alien Isolation.

Postby bronZfonZ1 » January 9th, 2015, 7:16 pm

ptdebate1

Alien Isolation.

Postby ptdebate1 » January 10th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Played it. It was an excellent game and one of the few great horror experiences since the first Amnesia aside from P.T.

Return to “Modern Gaming”