Bloodborne (PS4) gameplay footage

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 19th, 2014, 5:47 pm

http://kotaku.com/what-bloodborne-will-look-like-when-youre-actually-play-1623939463

Everyone's favorite sadist, Hidetaka Miyazaki, is back. I nearly shed tears of joy.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 19th, 2014, 7:47 pm

This looks awesome.  Reminds me of the old Nightmare Creatures franchise (PS1/DC).  I hope this is available for Halloween!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 19th, 2014, 7:50 pm

March 2015?!  Damn, guess I'll be playing it next Halloween.  * sad face *

And what's with sites referring to this as an RPG??  Was Golden Axe an RPG too?  C'mon!

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 19th, 2014, 7:58 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]March 2015?!  Damn, guess I'll be playing it next Halloween.  * sad face *

And what's with sites referring to this as an RPG??  Was Golden Axe an RPG too?  C'mon![/QUOTE]

Yeah [frown]. Looks like 2015 will be the big debut of next-gen killer apps. I just love the excessive blood splattering in this game. The way the gun is used looks pretty nifty too. This is from the peeps who made Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls, so it will probably have RPG elements. It might be somewhere in the middle though like Shadow Tower (PS2).

Ozzybear1

Postby Ozzybear1 » August 20th, 2014, 10:53 am

Cannot wait for this !!!!!

Gentlegamer1

Postby Gentlegamer1 » August 20th, 2014, 5:37 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]March 2015?!  Damn, guess I'll be playing it next Halloween.  * sad face *

And what's with sites referring to this as an RPG??  Was Golden Axe an RPG too?  C'mon![/QUOTE]That's ok, you can play Demon's Souls this Halloween, and find out why it's an RPG.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 20th, 2014, 5:57 pm

+1, Gentlegamer! [biggrin]

DaHeckIzDat1

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » August 21st, 2014, 10:30 pm

If this is anything like Demon's/Dark Souls, I'm sure it'll sell great. But you know, I've never understood why . They're very well made games, but they're designed to be as hard as possible. Only the most hardcore gamers beat them. Everyone else will play a little, get frustrated, and sell it to Gamestop. Not that there's anything wrong with appealing to the hardcore market, but that's a very niche market. I can't figure out why EVERYONE continues to buy them.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » August 22nd, 2014, 12:07 pm

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat]If this is anything like Demon's/Dark Souls, I'm sure it'll sell great. But you know, I've never understood why . They're very well made games, but they're designed to be as hard as possible. Only the most hardcore gamers beat them. Everyone else will play a little, get frustrated, and sell it to Gamestop. Not that there's anything wrong with appealing to the hardcore market, but that's a very niche market. I can't figure out why EVERYONE continues to buy them. [/QUOTE]

This is a very common misconception. On the contrary, Demon's Souls wasn't designed with extreme difficulty in mind. It was really just Namco Bandai's marketing campaign in response to the unexpected popularity of the series. If you ask From Soft, though, they'd say (as they have in numerous interviews) that rich gameplay, not difficulty is and has always been their intent with the series.

The Souls games are not particularly difficult by comparison to other action games--the Megaman, Devil May Cry, or Castlevania series for example. Namco Bandai simply saw that Souls was building a certain reputation and wanted to capitalize on it with clever marketing.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » August 22nd, 2014, 11:27 pm

The Souls games are immersive, and the challenge is partially to thank for that. Rather than mowing through countless enemies and speed running through stages, you're forced to take a more deliberate approach. I hated Demon Souls for the first four months because I could never make progress! Once I passed that hump, though, I was hopelessly addicted! What I loved about the game is that it put gameplay above everything else! I also love Dark Souls, but not quite as much.

Bloodborne looks terrific, and is my #1 most wanted game! It's also one of two reasons I'm buying a PS4!

Return to “Modern Gaming”