Beste Portable Zelda Game?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » September 12th, 2014, 7:57 am

I'm currently playing Zelda: Spirit Tracks (which is nice, though the train rides can become a bit of a bore) and I was wondering what you guys consider the best Portable Zelda Game? I really enjoyed Link's Awakening (Game Boy, time to play, VGC! [smile]), Minish Cap (GBA), A Link to the Past (also on GBA), Phantom Hourglass (DS) and A Link Between Worlds (3DS).

Maybe it's blasphemy in Zelda circles, but I really didn't care about the original Legend of Zelda (also on GBA), Oracle of Ages (GBC) and Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS). Somehow those games just didn't appeal to me. 

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » September 12th, 2014, 9:09 am

For me it's Ocarina of Time 3D followed by Link's Awakening [smile]

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » September 15th, 2014, 10:20 pm

Since Link to the Past is one of my all-time favorite games, I'd have to go with a Link Betweem Worlds. It hits the perfect nostalgic notes without feeling like a rehash, and the painting mechanic was addictive!

Herschie1

Postby Herschie1 » September 16th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Minish Cap has to be one of the most underrated games out there. Every now and then I'll pick it up and play, but it's one of my favorite Zeldas. 

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » September 17th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Easily The Phantom Hourglass sin duda.

Ocarina of Time 3D while good,...the controls just didn't quite work. The other ports from consoles same thing.

Link's Awakening was good too,but it didn't quite immerse the same way.

The Oracle games would probably be my favorite if Phantom Hourglass hadn't come out.

And Vaati was the only interesting thing about The Minish Cap.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » September 18th, 2014, 10:17 am

[QUOTE=N64Dude]Easily The Phantom Hourglass sin duda.

Ocarina of Time 3D while good,...the controls just didn't quite work. The other ports from consoles same thing.

Link's Awakening was good too,but it didn't quite immerse the same way.

The Oracle games would probably be my favorite if Phantom Hourglass hadn't come out.

And Vaati was the only interesting thing about The Minish Cap.[/QUOTE]

What was wrong with OoT3D's controls? I don't remember experiencing any problems (other than the fact that the launch 3DS is just kind of uncomfortable to hold).

a1

Postby a1 » September 18th, 2014, 11:47 am

I'm not going to count ports because that makes it less fun for me. Link's awakening is the clear winner among the portable exclusives. Original world, good dungeons and items. Just a ton of fun.

The capcom ones are good but I never got enthralled enough to beat them. The ds ones were bogged down by stupid touch controls. Link between worlds was a lot of fun but I want a fan of re using link to the pasts overworked; I would have preferred something new. Also, it was way too easy. The new weapon system was great though

Return to “Modern Gaming”