Ryse : The continuing degradation of 'gaming'

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » June 15th, 2013, 1:50 pm

I think what's going to happen is there's going to be an option to turn this feature off, that way people who want a challenge will be satisfied as well as people who weren't big on QTEs.  I don't mind "watching" games much so i've got no issue with it.

Josh-Wow, you sound awfully narrow-minded  I don't think the game looks that great myself, but judging people who actually do want to play it is NOT cool, so what if there's lots of violence in the game?  Have you even heard of God Of War?  People who like these types of games do NOT need therapy!   That kind of BS negative sterotyping does not help anyone, maybe YOU need to see a therapist

Verm1

Postby Verm1 » June 15th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Ryse reminds me more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2CO-5gAw24

One of the many 'Warriors' games by Koei. Personally I love the series.

Verm1

Postby Verm1 » June 15th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Obviously, ancient Rome is not the same setting and location, but it's what Ryse reminds me of.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » June 15th, 2013, 4:37 pm

It's funny how we have all this new hardware (and the ability to create some really engrossing story or environment), and game developers are still fiddling around with trying to make stabbing people through the neck "look cool." Rated "M" games are not really "Mature" games as much as what a 10 year old might think is "Mature." (Not to say there isn't a place in the market for violent games, though.) 

Ryse looks pretty boring. I wonder if there will be an option to remove the "auto-QTE" feature or remove the "Cinematic Kills" altogether. I wouldn't mind a fluid next-gen hack 'n slash game.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » June 15th, 2013, 5:48 pm

[QUOTE=darkrage6]

I think what's going to happen is there's going to be an option to turn this feature off, that way people who want a challenge will be satisfied as well as people who weren't big on QTEs.  I don't mind "watching" games much so i've got no issue with it.

[/QUOTE]

What makes you think such a feature is going to be implemented? One could certainly hope so, certainly, but is there any evidence it might happen?

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » June 15th, 2013, 5:56 pm

Look I know how you feel, my cousin was killed in a drunk-driving accident too, so I know all too well what that's like.  If you don't want to play those games yourself, then I don't blame you one bit(though personally I disagree that they "glorify" death).  I just don't think you should be unfairly judging people who do play those games. Enjoying a game like God of War does NOT, I repeat does NOT automatically mean that person needs to see a psychiatrist. 

bronZfonZ1

Postby bronZfonZ1 » November 21st, 2013, 4:18 am

The combat system reminds me more of the Batman Arkham games than God of War, what with all those Zack Snyder's 300-like slowdown moves and counter moves, though, obviously, the Mediterranean setting makes it comparable to God of War.

darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » November 21st, 2013, 9:31 pm

Heh, forgot about this thread. Josh in case you're reading this, I apologize for my initial post, I went over-the-top because I didn't like the "psychiatrist" comment. People enjoying violent games dosen't mean they have issues or anything like that.

Return to “Modern Gaming”