Ultra Street Fighter IV

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat1

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » June 8th, 2014, 11:33 pm

So they just released yet another edition of Street Fighter 4. This is the third one, right? They've balanced all the fighters, added a few new ones, offline scoreboards, and a few other things. Will you shell out for this, or are you happy with the version(s) you already own?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 9th, 2014, 12:10 am

I'm kind of interested in the new characters and stages.  What are these offline scoreboards you speak of?

a1

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Postby a1 » June 9th, 2014, 2:34 am

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat]So they just released yet another edition of Street Fighter 4. This is the third one, right? They've balanced all the fighters, added a few new ones, offline scoreboards, and a few other things. Will you shell out for this, or are you happy with the version(s) you already own?[/QUOTE]

No this is the fourth. They released the original, super, arcade, and niw this. I'm good with super and I think arcade might be free on xbox live right now (or it was and I missed it).

velcrozombie1

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Postby velcrozombie1 » June 9th, 2014, 7:04 am

In addition to the things that were already mentioned, this is the first time they have made some fairly significant alterations to the game mechanics this series:

- You now have the option of having both Ultras at your disposal, rather than being forced to choose one or the other. Choosing this option will reduce the maximum damage that either Ultra will do, however.

- There is a new type of Focus Attack called the Red Focus Attack which uses two bars of your Super Meter. The Red Focus Attack can absorb unlimited attacks, but it can still be disrupted by throws or 'Armor-Breaking' moves.

- There is now the ability to delay your character's wake-up (fighting game term for when your character gets off of ground after a knockdown) for a short period of time.

- Unblockable setups have been removed to the best of Capcom's ability.

- You can now choose versions of your character from the previous versions of Street Fighter IV. For example, Sagat was considered a beast in the original version of Street Fighter 4, while Yun was the king of Super Street Fighter 4; now both those versions would be accessible, among all the others.

In other words, if you haven't purchased any version of Street Fighter IV since the original or you are a competitive player, you should absolutely get this. If you are a more casual player that pulls out their copy of Super Street Fighter IV once a month to mash buttons with your friends, you can probably skip this (unless the lure of the new characters is enough).

Greisha1

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Postby Greisha1 » June 9th, 2014, 9:53 am

I don't have any iterations of SF4, so I might pick up an earlier one if the price is right!!

velcrozombie1

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Postby velcrozombie1 » June 9th, 2014, 11:45 am

@Greisha

If that's the case, get SSIV: Arcade Edition. It's under $20 and, if you like it, you can always digitally upgrade to Ultra for another $15.

Return to “Modern Gaming”