Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9
Posts: 399
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby Sonicx9 » May 15th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Did you know that the Nintendo Wii U after the 11/18/2012 launched, there is over 280 games that have came out on both the Xbox 360/PS3 but not the Nintendo Wii U after the 11/18/2012 launch: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... utput=html

Here are some fun facts/WTH moments.

Minecraft is the game that is on the most systems but Wii U.

Most of the games on the list are rated M by the ESRB on the list.

Electronic Arts has the most skipped games for the Nintendo Wii U.

What do you guys think about this list?

User avatar
ptdebate
Posts: 586
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby ptdebate » May 15th, 2015, 5:15 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Did you know that the Nintendo Wii U after the 11/18/2012 launched, there is over 280 games that have came out on both the Xbox 360/PS3 but not the Nintendo Wii U after the 11/18/2012 launch: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... utput=html

Here are some fun facts/WTH moments.

Minecraft is the game that is on the most systems but Wii U.

Most of the games on the list are rated M by the ESRB on the list.

Electronic Arts has the most skipped games for the Nintendo Wii U.

What do you guys think about this list?


These numbers aren't very impactful for me. Nintendo has always had a smaller but, on balance, higher-quality output than the competition.

User avatar
Rev
Posts: 1289
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby Rev » May 15th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Yeah, I agree with ptedebate. Since the N64, Nintendo has had a much smaller library of games (well at least good ones in the Wii's case) and I don't find it too surprising to see the PS3 and 360 having more games come out for those instead of the Wii U.

BlasteroidAli
Posts: 317
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 16th, 2015, 8:51 am

Well the reason I did not buy a wii U is included in that list of games. Where as the Wii u has quality titles such as the Mario series... lower quality party games.
No RPGs. I mean I am playing a Free MMO at the present time called Never Winter. It is great. I have put 160 into it on the 1 and I got it for free.
The Wii U will have another of those tedious twee Zelda games for people to fawn over but they leave me cold.
Virtually no FPSs.
So I disagree it is the console that has quality games on it. Yeah some are good but most are just hyped to the limit.

Really I wanted the Wii U to be the next big console but it has not turned out that way.

Breaker
Posts: 115
Joined: May 13th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby Breaker » July 7th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Rev wrote:Yeah, I agree with ptedebate. Since the N64, Nintendo has had a much smaller library of games (well at least good ones in the Wii's case) and I don't find it too surprising to see the PS3 and 360 having more games come out for those instead of the Wii U.


Didn't the Gamecube have nearly 800 titles? I'd guess the PS2 and the original Xbox had more, but surely not significantly more. It's almost like the N64 is the outlier between the NES, SNES & Gamecube, until the Wii and Wii U (mis)happened...

User avatar
Rev
Posts: 1289
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby Rev » July 7th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Breaker wrote:
Rev wrote:Yeah, I agree with ptedebate. Since the N64, Nintendo has had a much smaller library of games (well at least good ones in the Wii's case) and I don't find it too surprising to see the PS3 and 360 having more games come out for those instead of the Wii U.


Didn't the Gamecube have nearly 800 titles? I'd guess the PS2 and the original Xbox had more, but surely not significantly more. It's almost like the N64 is the outlier between the NES, SNES & Gamecube, until the Wii and Wii U (mis)happened...


The Gamecube had about 650 games come out, the Xbox was close to a thousand, and the PS2 had more than 3500 games. I couldn't find an exact list but several sources stated there were about 100-150 exclusive NGC titles. I haven't verified that but if that's true, the NGC had a pretty small library of games, considering most 3rd party titles were done better on other consoles at the time (PS2, Xbox).

Breaker
Posts: 115
Joined: May 13th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby Breaker » July 7th, 2015, 10:25 pm

3,500 for the PS2?! I've never looked, but never would I have guessed that many. Is that including they fact that it is completely backwards compatible, or are there 3,500 titles for the PS2 above and beyond PS1 games?

User avatar
Rev
Posts: 1289
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby Rev » July 7th, 2015, 11:15 pm

Breaker wrote:3,500 for the PS2?! I've never looked, but never would I have guessed that many. Is that including they fact that it is completely backwards compatible, or are there 3,500 titles for the PS2 above and beyond PS1 games?


Woops! I meant about 2,500. It's hard to find an exact list :? . There are some articles about a guy collecting every PS2 game and that clocked in at about 1850 (2011, not sure when the last games were released), but then there is the list on Wikipedia which lists about 2475 or so. It's hard to say but it's quite high.

Sorry. I typed on my phone,

Vexer6
Posts: 295
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 12:14 am

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby Vexer6 » July 7th, 2015, 11:43 pm

The last PS2 games were released in 2012.

Tron
Posts: 474
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 8:02 pm

Re: Over 280 games for Everything but Wii U!

Postby Tron » July 8th, 2015, 10:47 am

Not having Minecraft on the Wii U shows to me that this system is in peril. Just like no Shovel Knight in Vita.


Return to “Modern Gaming”